Sign in to follow this  
Steve_G

Union County Sheriff's Range open to public

I actually just stopped in here Sunday to check it out and see if I wanted to join. It's probably good to note that it's only open to the public Sundays from 12:00-5:00 so it's probably more of a backup range. Also, it was LOUD in there. Not sure if its the indoor/outdoor setup or just the fact that the back wall is only 4ft behind you but make sure you have good plugs.

Here's the link to the county page on it if interested... http://ucnj.org/government/sheriff/Pistol-Range

This location is run by the police and apparently they're very strict. I've never personally been there, I'm relaying what a buddy of mine told me.

Also as stated above, it's only open Sunday to the public.

As far as I can tell from reading the 100's of FID and P2P stories on here is that most of the towns in Union County are pretty good.

Yep Rahway has been easy, (relatively) quick turnaround and they don't require reference letters if you apply for a P2P within 6 months of your last one. Renewals are also automatic if you need them.

Have been a member for the past 3 years and have never had a problem. Staff is friendly

and professional. Its only 14 minutes away from Livingston, so its great for whenever I get a

couple of hours free on a Sunday afternoon. Never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes for a port.

Is this the range behind Home Depot next to the animal shelter?

I'm assuming you mean the Home Depot in Kenilworth just off rt22? Apparently that's a police only range back there.

This one is on Shunpike Rd in Springfield. If you've ever seen the public works lot on that road it's in that same complex all the way in the back.

I'm assuming you mean the Home Depot in Kenilworth just off rt22? Apparently that's a police only range back there.

This one is on Shunpike Rd in Springfield. If you've ever seen the public works lot on that road it's in that same complex all the way in the back.

Damn to bad I am right next to the one behind the home depot almost every sunday

I've been there once like a couple years back but couldn't shoot because you need your own target frame there, not sure if that's changed. They hung the frames on the wood rafters.

Frames are provided at no charge. They don't sell targets, so you'll need to bring some.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2