Sign in to follow this  
cigarsnscotch

Shield 9mm at Cheyenne

If anyone is looking for a shield there's one at Cheyenne for $420. They also had a XDs .45 and an XDm 9mm. Their handgun case was pretty bare. I went in yesterday and there couldn't have been more than 15 people in the store in the morning, it was so NICE!

Saw the three exact guns mentioned above today at Tips Hardware. This was only the second shield I saw on the shelf in a dozen shops I visited the last few months. I think the Shield was $440 but call first.

Saw the three exact guns mentioned above today at Tips Hardware. This was only the second shield I saw on the shelf in a dozen shops I visited the last few months. I think the Shield was $440 but call first.

I think the ones at Tips were 40 cals.(two of them)

I think the ones at Tips were 40 cals.(two of them)

After some very extensive searching I have found that if you purchase the shield in 40 all you need to do is purchase a 9mm barrel from S&W with 9mm magazines and you have 2 calibers that shoot perfectly. I have a 9mm on lay away till my permits get here and may see if I can change it for a 40 cal.........if they have one.

After some very extensive searching I have found that if you purchase the shield in 40 all you need to do is purchase a 9mm barrel from S&W with 9mm magazines and you have 2 calibers that shoot perfectly. I have a 9mm on lay away till my permits get here and may see if I can change it for a 40 cal.........if they have one.

i believe you can make a .40 cal a 9mm but you can not make a 9 a .40, has something to do with the hood lengths/spacing? atleast thats what ive seen on some other forums where the question was asked.

i believe you can make a .40 cal a 9mm but you can not make a 9 a .40, has something to do with the hood lengths/spacing? atleast thats what ive seen on some other forums where the question was asked.

Well yes and no, 40 to 9 is no issue but you "can" go from 9 to 40 with a little "machine" work on the 40 barrel to fit the 9 slide. Supposedly, there is only a few thousandths of material that needs to be taken off to fit.....although some folks have done that conversion (9 to 40) ...I would not.