Sign in to follow this  
dbldune

EFGA Range

EFGA

I've joined the range and find it's a nice place to shoot. Fellow shooters are very polite and friendly. I have one question regarding the clubhouse and it's location. If anyone can steer (no pun intended) \ give me directions I like to check it out. Also I'm usually hungry and would like to checkout the sandwich shop.

Regards,

Rich

I've joined the range and find it's a nice place to shoot. Fellow shooters are very polite and friendly. I have one question regarding the clubhouse and it's location. If anyone can steer (no pun intended) \ give me directions I like to check it out. Also I'm usually hungry and would like to checkout the sandwich shop.

Regards,

Rich

Not sure I understand the question.....If you've been to the range, you've been to the club house, They are on the same piece of property.

As far as sandwich shops, the absolute best place to eat around there is "Pops". It's the gas station right off 78, they have great sandwiches, and one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life. prices are good too.

EFGA

Regards,

Rich

Rich,

There s also a subforum for EFGA

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/forum/147-efga/

Send a PM to jon who is a moderator for access.

I know it's probably just me having spent so many years workin' in Newark.....but every time I go in there I leave shakin' my head......that place looks prime for hold-up material.....Hmmmm.......joint gives me the willies.

It's creepy when it's getting dark, but seriously you scared? You got a gun don't you?

I know it's probably just me having spent so many years workin' in Newark.....but every time I go in there I leave shakin' my head......that place looks prime for hold-up material.....Hmmmm.......joint gives me the willies.

Why because it's a secluded area next to rail road tracks by the back roads of PA? I can understand why people might think that, but I've never felt that way while being in that range. Besides, I'm no sure too many people are dumb enough to try to mug or rob someone at a gun range in PA when they SHOULD]/i] know that people can carry and are most definitely armed.

To avoid starting another thread, on Sundays does the range get packed? Early? Also does the training range get packed normally? is there only 1 training range, 1 person at a time or is it like multiple pits? Also you can bring steel, can you use it km both pistol and rifle range? How about training range. Can you add steel targets on the 22 range of are there a bunch there?

To avoid starting another thread, on Sundays does the range get packed? Early? Also does the training range get packed normally? is there only 1 training range, 1 person at a time or is it like multiple pits? Also you can bring steel, can you use it km both pistol and rifle range? How about training range. Can you add steel targets on the 22 range of are there a bunch there?

Most of these questions have already been asked in the EFGA sub-forum on this site. Ask one of the mods for access to the sub-forum.

But to answer some of the questions now. There is only one training/tactical range only one person at a time. Can not bring your own steel. They have a professional company in the process of making new steel for the ranges. There are some pieces of angle iron on the rimfire range. Never been there on a Sunday so I can not say how busy it gets. Also you should check the EFGA calendar on their web site to make sure the ranges are open, I know they had an IDPA event there a couple weekends ago, and only the pistol & rimfire ranges were available to members.

Hmmmm......have always used my professional steel swinger tree on the training range......no problem and yes we've also shared it with others too.....I dunno......been a member since '88.

Apparently you have not gone to any resent meetings, or have received the email sent out to all members a couple months ago. No personal steel allowed on the ranges. I have been to the last 2 meetings and it was brought up about no personal steel on the ranges at both meetings.

Best thing to do is email them at [email protected] And get the info from a board member.

I can reconfirm that no personal steels are allowed. A member was told by the RO to remove his steel targets when they were doing their rounds. He reiterated to read the wall of range rules. He was popping 22s in the rifle range.

It's not that big a deal if you don't receive your card yet. Just bring a printout of your receipt that you paid for membership as the email instructs and you're GTG. I didn't even print it and just left it in my BlackBerry for when I needed to show it.

They won't hassle you for not receiving it. Now, if you did receive it and weren't displaying it, that would be a different story.

I had a temporary for the time between June and October. I wasn't worried about that. Just wondering if we can expect a similar slow arrival of this steel they are having made. And it would have been nice to get an email about no longer being able to use the steel I specifically bought to use there since they were no longer providing it.

I joined last fri. at 11 pm online took the printout on sat. morning and have to say I got my moneys worth the first day. There were two members there I didnt get there names. One was a retired NJSP and a NRA pistol instructor and the other was just a very knowledgeable guy between the two of them I learned a ton for free in a very short amount of time so my membership has already paid for itself. My id card came this thursday so a total of 6 days.

I went today Sunday about 11 and the pistol range was very empty. I think there were more people using the rifle range I had a very enjoyable day and will be a regular. If it wasnt for the 1 1/4 Hour ride it would be perfect.