Njgunowner

6 weeks to get my pistol permits

They mailed them to you?

One day shy of 7 weeks and I saw the envelope from Sayreville PD in my mailbox.

I left the rest of the mail there and ran back to the house like it was Christmas morning..

I carefully opened the envelope and there they were, my three handgun permits. All three are already spoken for.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

If they'd all do that and splurge for a stamp, we wouldn't have to nag them so much.

Sayreville always mails them to me.

Typos courtesy Apple...

What I don't understand is if volume is double or even triple, then why isn't it taking two to three times as long, or 2-3 days?

If they'd all do that and splurge for a stamp, we wouldn't have to nag them so much.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Seems the like time spent dealing with people walking in to get them costs more in time and manpower than a stamp would. But I guess they're not interested in saving money.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Even mailing them, if they took 5-6 months I would still have to bother them at some point.

I paid for a service($17 plus $6 for three permits), I do not have an approval or a denial within 4.4 times the allotted time that state law allows for(30 days).

Since the service has not been rendered in the timely fashion as provided by state statute, could there be a violation of NJ's Consumer Fraud Act?

Been waiting 3 plus weeks for 2 hangun permits , its that mental health form thats taking so long . When I got my first gun I was at the range and taking classes in a week or so not months haha.

We are asking the WRONG question!!!! Once you have a NJ FOID, and pass a NICS, why do we even need a separate permit to purchase a pistol?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why have we allowed the government to become so GINORMOUS? We are putting our NJ house on the market on the 16th, and it will start showing on the 23rd while we are at our home back in America (WV) I have taken many days off to attend the Trenton rallies , (not the last one as I was sick, and I have to watch my days at work) , but the plain and simple truth here is that too many people in this state care too little about the Constitution, or holding government accountable. I am certainly NOT speaking about the majority of the members here, but we need to get back to the more basic question of where do they get the right to impose their will/limit our freedoms to this extent? Sorry for the rant, but I am so outraged by this state's increasing limiting of our liberty while increasing our tax burden, that we are out of here ASAP.

Have a good day! ;)

Went to NJSP barracks tonight with my friend who was picking up the application package for P2P's. They asked me if I wanted one too, i told them I'm still waiting for mine. They asked when I applied and I said "December 20th". The guy cringed and said OK, can I see your DL?...sure. So they go into the back, and then he comes back with a notebook and he tells me my SBI form got sent back to Woodbine, then got resubmitted, and is still pending. Said he has no idea why. He flipped back a few pages and said all of these are still pending too.

He told me to call tomorrow and to ask for a specific Trooper and inquire about my permits.

I'll post back up with what I find out.

We are asking the WRONG question!!!! Once you have a NJ FOID, and pass a NICS, why do we even need a separate permit to purchase a pistol?!?!?!?!?!?!? Why have we allowed the government to become so GINORMOUS? We are putting our NJ house on the market on the 16th, and it will start showing on the 23rd while we are at our home back in America (WV) I have taken many days off to attend the Trenton rallies , (not the last one as I was sick, and I have to watch my days at work) , but the plain and simple truth here is that too many people in this state care too little about the Constitution, or holding government accountable. I am certainly NOT speaking about the majority of the members here, but we need to get back to the more basic question of where do they get the right to impose their will/limit our freedoms to this extent? Sorry for the rant, but I am so outraged by this state's increasing limiting of our liberty while increasing our tax burden, that we are out of here ASAP.

Have a good day! ;)

But most NJ residents believe that government is the solution to all problems. You've made the right move getting out. NJ is not going to turn to our way of thinking.

Went to NJSP barracks tonight with my friend who was picking up the application package for P2P's. They asked me if I wanted one too, i told them I'm still waiting for mine. They asked when I applied and I said "December 20th". The guy cringed and said OK, can I see your DL?...sure. So they go into the back, and then he comes back with a notebook and he tells me my SBI form got sent back to Woodbine, then got resubmitted, and is still pending. Said he has no idea why. He flipped back a few pages and said all of these are still pending too.

He told me to call tomorrow and to ask for a specific Trooper and inquire about my permits.

I'll post back up with what I find out.

Please keep us posted, as I think there may be more than one of us in the same or a similar situation.

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since I submitted my application for 3 pistol permits. I was told when I submitted the application that 4 weeks used to be typical but now the wait is 6 - 8 weeks. It originally took almost 5 months to get my FID plus 3 pistol permits.