BrianN

First Time Going To an Indoor Range

Hey all, after having my FID for a few years I finally made the plunge and bought a mosin 91/30. I've got some ammo coming in the mail either tomorrow or saturday, so I'll be heading over to the bullet hole to run some rounds through the mosin and see how she shoots. Ill be taking my gf so we will be sharing a port. Any advice for a first time indoor range shooter besides general firearms safety and using common sense? I've done plenty of shotgun/pistol shooting outdoors but this will be my first time shooting a rifle any bigger than 22 lr.

For bullet hole just follow all the posted safety rules, depending upon the ammo you have they might not allow it. Steel cased, steel core, etc. Be prepared to wait awhile to shoot on a Saturday.

put your target way out and aim at the bottom " like the bottom of the paper it self to see were you point on impact is first" of it they tend to shoot very high and you don't want to shoot the ceiling or target track your first time out. I have shot steel case there and just pick it up and put in the trash as I go they have never bothered me.

BH is very loud and small, in ear and outer ear protection would be good, I will sum up my experience with that range as "unpleasant", not a great experience for first time indoor especially with GF but it gets the job done…..it will be nice this weekend pack a picnic and go shoot outdoors.

Kevin

Yea from what I read about the Bullethole it seems to be it is what it is. But its 5 minutes away so I figured I'd give it a try. Just ordered some shooting muffs for the both of us. She's been shooting well before I have albeit its been .22 indoors, but she's not fussy so I don't see it being a problem.

wont have the ammo till monday. I've been debating whether to join range 14 or EFGA. Basically the same distance from my house for each and comparable pricing. Ill be doing field work for my master's project this weekend instead so ill be outside enjoying the weather at least. Anyone have experience with both ranges and can recommend one over the other?