Parker

Bergen County gun buyback

These folks were so busy on Saturday that they were still set up when we entered the lobby of our church for 5:30PM Mass. They ran out of funds as early as Saturday afternoon, resorting to issuing IOU's. (Some of the stuff on that table I wouldn't label as old junk either.)

http://www.northjers...uns_so_far.html

041413guns3_dngnk.jpg

I read an article about this this morning and they said some people were surrendering inherited guns because they were "sitting around the house," etc. One guy allegedly sold a double-barreled shotgun he inherited from his grandfather from the late 1800s - early 1900s! If it's true and it was in remotely good shape... wouldn't that be potentially worth FAR more than whatever they were giving here?

And another thing... I wonder how many illegal guns they actually got instead of just getting the legal guns of lazy (potentially former) gun owners? My guess... I'd be able to count 'em on 1 hand.

And this is for our safety. :( Booooo.

If you peek closely in the milk crate, we know those S&W's and Colt sell for far more than the price they got for them. The pile of longarms has an M37, an 1100, a 9422 in there, and some Mauser's, etc. Longarms I believe fetched $80 or $100 apiece. I can only shake my head.

In The Record they said a few WW2 era lugers were surrendered. To bad the owners didn't know they could get 10x to 20x what the county was paying from a collector.

I see a beautiful old Model 12 Winchester, a nice over/under, a couple of S&W wheelguns, a Colt, a Ruger...they all don't deserve to die...

I feel like Joe Biden, about to shed a tear...

They're running a buy back program in Garfield. Wonder how many idiots will show up. Also in that picture the cop is holding an Uzi and a Mac 9, my question is do you think they were actually turned in or are cops just showing them because people recognize them as dangerous movie weapons?

There was a big sign by the Bridgewater PD announcing a gun buy-back. Thought it was a stupid thing. Then again, most people are pretty stupid.

When is that held? I have a pair of old busted revolvers I want to get rid of. Appraised value = 0