SgtToadette

Lets Talk Bi-Pods!

So I want to throw a Bi-Pod on my AR15 using a 1913 style rail, but I know nothing about bi-pods. I'd like to have something that is as lightweight and durable as possible. It will likely be used exclusively for range use, but I don't want to cheap-out on it.

What are good brands?

What features and differences in quality determine price?

What should I avoid?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you want a better mousetrap then I would buy an Atlas. Hooks up directly to your picatinny rail. Superior quality, more adjustable, better design, beefier, more accessories available and its tacti-cooool to look at. More expensive then a Harris and harder to find. If you buy one and hate it after a month then you will be able to sell it in minutes without losing much on your investment. They are in very high demand.

http://www.accu-shot.com/Atlas_Bipods.php

I have a mako bipod for my ar. The kind that folds into a forward grip then splits into a bipod with legs that drop. I like it as a handle but its not stable enough as a bipod. My repr is 10 pounds and the wind can blow it over at ft dix on the mako, which makes me nuts! I have to lay the gun on its side when I go down range. That never happened with the cheap bipod I originally had. The mako just doesn't spread wide enough apart.

I have a Harris 6-9 on my Remington 700, and am happy so far but just got it.

If your looking for something decent but not to pricy your local Walmart carries the Winchester and blackhawk bipods for around 50 bucks. I agree with the other posters that a Harris is the main workhorse and top notch but at a hundred bucks you'll need to decide. I have a Harris on my ar and its awesome. I bought a blackhawk at Wally world for my crossbow and I was hey surprised went back out and got another one for my 22 bolt gun. For the price it can't be beat.....