Taipan

Where can I buy a 9mm on Saturday?

I had two handgun purchase permits. Picked up the first purchase on March 26th, so I think I'm able to purchase another on Saturday, the 27th. I want to pick one out as soon as possible so my 90 days don't run out before the NICS check is done.

Is there a store/range where I could rent/shoot a few different models, pick one out, and purchase from stock the same day? Or are those days gone?

Thanks for any tips.

I know I won't leave with it that day. Just want to be able to get the NICS check started. Guess my question is more about which stores have handguns in stock. Shore Shot is within driving distance, so is RTSP or even Heritage Guild in Easton.

If you go to Shore Shot you should stop at Brick Armory and take a look since there just about right next to each other. Just remember if you rent you need to bring someone with you to shoot at both places. They have a minimum of two shooters to rent.

I would look on-line. Of course that requires that you make a decision without handling the firearm. Jot down your requirements here and ask for advice. Then order online.

I have done well without trying out first. CZ and Walther...

Sucks to have to rush. Why not see if you can get the permit extended for the full 180 days that is allowed. RTSP has a fairly good inventory and has lots of hand guns that you can rent so you can try before you buy. If you have a specific item you want to try why not let us know, I am sure you would find someone that has one and might be willing to let you try it out.

Westfieldlaw, give us a call and maybe we can help point you in a good direction. We have an extensive selection of both firearms for sale as well as a nice inventory of rental firearms. Billy at Shore Shot is a good friend of RTSP and if that is a better option for you, we would surely point you in his direction.

Union County here as well. I've done quite a bit of business with Bullseye in Woodbridge(purchasing firearms directly, having things shipped to them, and minor 'smith work), and have nothing but good things to say about them. I've also had nothing but good experiences at RTSP, but I've only used the range. I'm sure you won't go wrong either way.

Thanks for all the responses to this question. I went to RTSP on Saturday and had a great experience. The staff was friendly and patient and greeted me as soon as I went to the counter. Bought a Glock and now I'm just waiting for the NICS check. Looking forward to my next trip up to Randolph.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. We just got he NICS back from the 13th, 14th and 15th today sooooooo, you have a little bit of a wait.

That's great info. I wouldn't mind seeing an updated thread with info like this.

Obviously it would require participation from the FFLs and I can see that being too much hassle for them.

But it would be very valuable for all anxiously waiting.