ogfarmer

HPD: Man fired shots, then shot himself at Bush Intercontinental Airport

EDITED: Great a man shoots rounds into air and shoots himself in Airport

HPD: Man fired shots, then shot himself at Bush Intercontinental Airport

HOUSTON—A man shot himself at Bush Intercontinental Airport in north Houston early Thursday afternoon, the Houston Police Department confirmed with KHOU 11 News.

The suspect walked into the ticket area inside Terminal B around 1:35 p.m. and fired at least two shots into the air with an AR-15 rifle, according to witnesses.

A McDonald’s employee who works at the airport saw the whole thing.

"As soon as he walked in, he just automatically started shooting quickly," said the employee named Kendra. "And we hear two shots and we just automatically started running. We ran all the way to the back." 

The HPD source said an air marshal fired at the suspect, but missed. The man then pulled out a pistol and shot himself, the captain said.

"We just saw the dude walking in, and he was already suicidal because he put the gun to his head," Kendra said.

The suspect was taken away in an ambulance, but an HPD officer at the airport said he didn’t survive.

There are no other reports of injuries. But several employees and passengers were shaken by the shooting.

"It was traumatic it really was, it was too much going on. Everybody was running, and all that stuff, it was a lot going on," Kendra said.

Terminal B has been closed while police investigate the shooting scene. They’ve already located one bullet in the ceiling, according to an HPD source.

A ground stop is in effect for arriving traffic at Bush IAH, according to the FAA website. That means several planes are stuck on the tarmac until the ground stop is lifted.

Check back for updates to this developing story.

UPDATE: http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

In Texas nonetheless.

This has to be the most bizarre story I've seen in forever. Doesn't shoot anyone else? What was the point of going to such a crowded place?

How the hell does one even get near the airport doors with an AR?? There are police everywhere.

I need more tinfoil.

''The HPD source said an air marshal fired at the suspect, but missed." Hmmmm sounds like someone needs some more training.

What distance did the FAM shoot at?

How close do you get to a guy with an AR when all you have is a Sig in .357sig?

Tell us how you would have done better?

Are you saying nobody needs more training, missing your target is okay, both, or neither?

Why you do you feel the need to instantly attack someone for saying something, that is fairly obvious. If I missed my target in a gun fight, I'd like to have more training, so if I'm in one again, hopefully I don't miss that time. But maybe you don't. Or you never miss. Or maybe you never hit your target but feel that is acceptable. I really don't know.

Well it was obviously close enough for the marshall to think he could hit him, or else he would not have taken a shot. Correct? Or please enlighten me, was it a "let me see if I can hit him and if not I will just run like hell" sort of shot?

In Texas nonetheless.

This has to be the most bizarre story I've seen in forever. Doesn't shoot anyone else? What was the point of going to such a crowded place?

How the hell does one even get near the airport doors with an AR?? There are police everywhere.

I need more tinfoil.

The air marshal was the reason he off'ed himself. Most of these suicide types off themselves as soon as they feel they can wreak no more havoc. Remember the mall shooter. He off'ed himself as soon as a CCW confronted him.

As far as the Marshal being acurate.He might have shot up trying to draw the guy away from the crowd

''The HPD source said an air marshal fired at the suspect, but missed." Hmmmm sounds like someone needs some more training.

The marshal was trained to shoot in the air and he did just that.

The air martial was the reason he off'ed himself. Most of these suicide types off themselves as soon as they feel they can wreak no more havoc. Remember the mall shooter. He off'ed himself as soon as a CCW confronted him.

As far as the Martial being acurate.He might have shot up trying to draw the guy away from the crowd

The marshal was trained to shoot in the air and he did just that.

AHHH! Now I get it... "Warning shots" smh... I can see it now " HEY YOU!!! ::shot fired in the air:: PUT DOWN YOUR RIFLE! THAT WAS A WARNING SHOT! "

Because most people run their mouths when the only time they fire under stress is when they are pissed they had to wait for a port at their local range.

OH it's this guy again...well rest assure that this will be locked up since the leo showed up.

Simple! We toss a Pork Roll at his head. If we happen to have an empty AT4 shell, we can launch the pork roll, opps... Taylor Ham even more accurate... ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Yup..all because keyboard commandos love to talk shit from the safety of the internet

OH stop it you! That's no way to talk to a citizen you are to protect and serve.

I don't think he is attacking anyone. If anything, he's trying to get you to think. Instead of criticizing, show a better tactical approach if you will.

Equally, he can always ask why every thread has people in it that take offense to a leo chiming in... :)

Are you saying nobody needs more training, missing your target is okay, both, or neither?

Why you do you feel the need to instantly attack someone for saying something, that is fairly obvious. If I missed my target in a gun fight, I'd like to have more training, so if I'm in one again, hopefully I don't miss that time. But maybe you don't. Or you never miss. Or maybe you never hit your target but feel that is acceptable. I really don't know.

Typos courtesy Apple...

What? Joe Biden's advice is only good for the average John Q Public gun owner? Lol...

AHHH! Now I get it... "Warning shots" smh... I can see it now " HEY YOU!!! ::shot fired in the air:: PUT DOWN YOUR RIFLE! THAT WAS A WARNING SHOT! "

Typos courtesy Apple...

I don't think he is attacking anyone. If anything, he's trying to get you to think. Instead of criticizing, show a better tactical approach if you will.

Equally, he can always ask why every thread has people in it that take offense to a leo chiming in... :)

Typos courtesy Apple...

No offense taken to a LEO coming in here and giving his opinion.