SgtToadette

What ammunition are you having the hardest time finding?

61 members have voted

1. 1. What ammunition are you having the hardest time finding?

• .223/5.56
    • 9mm Luger
    • .45 ACP
    • .40 S&W
    • .308/7.62NATO
    • 7.62x39
    • .22lr

As we all know, ammunition is pretty damn hard to find, and even harder to find at a decent price. For me, the hardest to find has been by far 9mm. I've been able to grab some .223/5.56 by doing a run around the area gun shops, but everyone is flat out of 9mm. In the last week, for example, I was able to get 160 rounds of .223/5.56 and only 50 rounds of 9mm.

Granted, this is only at local shops. While the rationing is making it difficult to buy in any significant quantity, it has helped me secure a few boxes. Plus, it would seem that most shops have been keeping the price relatively fair compared to many of the online venues (most I've paid for 9mm is 17.99 per 50).

Just curious what your guys' experience has been.

22 LR for sure. 9mm I was able to trade for and still find at decent prices. But 22 Lr is near impossible.

.556 is another tough round to be had. 45 I'm well stocked with so I never checked.

17 hmr is like finding a unicorn as well .LOL

22lr and 9mm are hard to find for me in a store.

I m always looking for Tokarev ammo and have a hard time finding it but that s normal for this round as its not that common.

Surplus Tok ammo has shot through the roof and i m sure its all gone.

Mid week at Cabelas there s plenty of stuff to be had usually. This was 10 days ago.

You just have to take a drive out there. Wednesdays are the best in the evening.

22LR very scarce but at decent prices.......8$ for 100 mini mags

Lot of 223/556 , prices ranging from 9.99$ a box

38 special for 20$

357 for 25$

There were cases of Federal 9 mm 500 rds in a 50 cal can for 180$

22 LR for sure. 9mm I was able to trade for and still find at decent prices. But 22 Lr is near impossible.

.556 is another tough round to be had. 45 I'm well stocked with so I never checked.

17 hmr is like finding a unicorn as well .LOL

Tristate firearms had 17hmr on the shelf and I think Ramsey Outdoor does as well. Where are you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.