Mreed731

No love for Hagues?

So obviously I'm new here. But I have been lurking for a couple months. Moved to west deptford last year and being less than 2 miles from a nice indoor range resurrected an old hobby. It's been over 25 years since I went shooting or bought a gun so being somewhat obsessive I have researched endlessly to get up to date. So I went to Hagues and got what I think was a good deal on a factory refurb Glock 22, $475, and joined. I have been there probably a dozen or so times since February and honestly have no complaints about the people who work there. They have always been friendly and respectful toward me but I never see anything but complaints about them on the forum. There always seems to be people there when I go, in fact sometimes crowded, so somebody here must like them?

My neighbor is definitely one of the ones with no love for them , first they sold a AR15 they were supposed to be holding for him even though he had  a deposit on it and now NICS problems , hes been waiting for over 3 WEEKS !!!!! Now ive heard 17 .18 even 2o days but hes been waiting for atleast 26 days now , seems they arnt sure when they sent the NICS .....  

My neighbor is definitely one of the ones with no love for them , first they sold a AR15 they were supposed to be holding for him even though he had  a deposit on it and now NICS problems , hes been waiting for over 3 WEEKS !!!!! Now ive heard 17 .18 even 2o days but hes been waiting for atleast 26 days now , seems they arnt sure when they sent the NICS .....

Wow...that's horrible

Overpriced on the range and ammo and just up til recently overpriced on guns. Just wouldn't be one of the places I go for something unless if it was a killer deal. Other then that I'll stick with my usual places.

What are the usual places? Is there an outdoor range near me, one that you can pay by the day maybe? Be nice for summer, when I used to shoot, long ago, it was outside.

Yea, why is that since you can bring your own ammo anyway?

When I asked about it they said because they did not want to be responsible if something happens with your reloads because they dont know the quality of it

They adjusted their gun prices so they are not crazy anymore and actually decent. Range and ammo prices are still ridiculously high. I will never use their range at current rates and drive past them to go to Bob's. 3 people in a lane will cost $130 plus overpriced ammo at hagues for an hour. Bob would be $30 for the same thing plus ammo is reasonable or bring your own.

In the past, Hagues and Brick Armory  people got all the trade ins from Lawman Supply for $325-$350 and sell them at their store for $475+

Since Lawmen supply move to new location, most of the trade-in stuff are sold to an Arizona Gun Dealer:http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=875478

You are better off joining the http://gssfonline.com/  and get Glocks dirt cheap(same price as LE), for  example Glock gen4 17/19/22/23/26/27/31/32/33 with 3 mags for $425

They adjusted their gun prices so they are not crazy anymore and actually decent. Range and ammo prices are still ridiculously high. I will never use their range at current rates and drive past them to go to Bob's. 3 people in a lane will cost $130 plus overpriced ammo at hagues for an hour. Bob would be $30 for the same thing plus ammo is reasonable or bring your own.

I do have to agree, first time i went there they charged me $30 each for a box of 40 and a box of 9mm. Personally I am all for small business making money, especially ones I want to be there for my own use, but that was pushing it too far, but I did learn real quick to call Dicks a couple times a week and shop the internet and have patience. Their membership rate is a little high but it's very convenient for me so I had to weigh that into the equation. I go at least twice a month so it comes out to about $16 each time

I have not been to Bob's range. I did buy a 9mm shield from them and have two 1 hour range coupons to use. I have read on here that there can be a pretty long wait to get a lane there, do you find that to be the case?

i THINK they are one of the only indoor ranges around here that allows most rifle calibers. i may be confusing them with someone else, but it doesn't matter because i've heard nothing but bad things about them. i'll never go there.

Have shot there, very nice range.  Ammo and lane fees higher than I'm willing to pay.

Sold a handgun FTF awhile back.  Agreed to meet in Hague's parking lot.  The guy I was meeting was retired LEO and got there before me and went inside to look around.  I guess he got to talking with the clerk and mentioned he wasn't purchasing anything, just waiting to meet someone.  When the clerk found out he was meeting someone to transfer a handgun there, the clerk told him he couldn't do that.  The clerk then waited outside watching the guy, and when I pulled in and walked over to meet the guy, the clerk walked over and told us we had to leave.  It's their property, so that's their call and we did.  That's my Hague's experience.

They dont allow reloaded ammo.  Thats a deal breaker for me

The posted rule under the previous owner of this facility (the Zinn family operating as Eagle Eye) was "No Home Reloads."

When the Hague family bought it and reopened as Hague's, they expanded that rule to include commercial reloads, including Ultramax.

Except of course for the reloads they sold over the counter.

Hagues seem to be the place where new shooters go, get educated and move on.

Go to Bob's in Glassboro, not too far away. Good selection, better prices and Bob the owner is a BIG 2A advocate in NJ. I cant say the same about anyone at Hagues, never seen them involved outside their store.

Might want to look up USANA in Elmer as an outdoor range.

You would not be the only shooter within 5 miles of Hagues that make a longer trip tp a range and avoid the place.

I have not been to Bob's range. I did buy a 9mm shield from them and have two 1 hour range coupons to use. I have read on here that there can be a pretty long wait to get a lane there, do you find that to be the case?

Saturday midday can get backed up, early morning or later afternoon you should be fine.  Only saw a Friday night back up once.  Summer is probably lighter too with more people out of town or shooting at outdoor ranges.

What are the usual places? Is there an outdoor range near me, one that you can pay by the day maybe? Be nice for summer, when I used to shoot, long ago, it was outside.

I shoot at South Jersey Shooting Club, Buy my guns from Arms N Ammo, Ed's Gun Shop and Bob's Little Sports Shop. I'll buy ammo at any place that is selling it at a price I'm willing to pay for it on that day.

Shooting outdoors is IMHO healthier. Yes, you may get a little cold but that is when the range is dead and you don't have to worry about wait times. I had time to swing by SJSC  when it was 19 degrees out and fire my Mossberg and it was a blast. and with moving around I didn't get to cold.  If it's cold and dark I'll go to Bob's.

Hagues seem to be the place where new shooters go, get educated and move on.

Go to Bob's in Glassboro, not too far away. Good selection, better prices and Bob the owner is a BIG 2A advocate in NJ. I cant say the same about anyone at Hagues, never seen them involved outside their store.

Might want to look up USANA in Elmer as an outdoor range.

You would not be the only shooter within 5 miles of Hagues that make a longer trip tp a range and avoid the place.

Agree! I guess the one employee that tries pushing his " tactical combat super ninja rifle fighting class " for $7-800 (don't remember exact price on flyer he handed me while hard selling) doesn't count as he uses the range for it lol wonder if he actually gets any takers on that haha

I'm joining SJSC after a year at Hauges. Im Not dropping another 400 bucks to shoot in a barely ventilated, unsupervised 25 yard range.

I am going to Arms & Ammo on Sat, just bought an FNS-9 from Paul, planning on checking out SJSC while I'm down that way. I always liked the outdoor range.

Saturday midday can get backed up, early morning or later afternoon you should be fine.  Only saw a Friday night back up once.  Summer is probably lighter too with more people out of town or shooting at outdoor ranges.

Thanks, I usually go late afternoon anyway, it get crowded at Hagues and too smokey for me.

Usana Is open.    It is actually on Sandbridge Rd. In Pittsgrove Twp.  About 2 mins out of center of Elmer. Gates are most always open on Sat and Sun during hours. Stop at the office and see if Skip is there he we answer any questions.