KevD

Why do threads get shut down?

Just now a thread got shutdown in fear that bluelinefinish would be offended yet he was offending people with his post yesterday in which he called me a clown and it wasnt shut down... Its funny how things work ... You can speak ill about some but not others...

Nevermind i figured it out vladtepes the moderator who shut it down is freinds with bluelinefinish.... I guess this forum works just like the government or police departments etc. ... You just gotta have freinds...

Just now a thread got shutdown in fear that bluelinefinish would be offended yet he was offending people with his post yesterday in which he called me a clown and it wasnt shut down... Its funny how things work ... You can speak ill about some but not others...

A thread did not get shut down because of that.... A thread got moved because people are incapable of exhibiting self control... They get off on promoting some agenda...

The thread was about a holster protest... A handful of members were able to turn that into a thread to bash members of this forum...

There is no common sense used at all...

The reason threads have topics is so people can stick to them... It has only been explained a thousand times... Some people don't ge it...

Nevermind i figured it out vladtepes the moderator who shut it down is freinds with bluelinefinish.... I guess this forum works just like the government or police departments etc. ... You just gotta have freinds...

You are acting like a fool... Just so you know...

Threads are like conversations they evolve... Some ppl on here are so anal about how something was covered or not technical if everything that was covered could never be spoken about again eventually forums would die ... It there would just be classifieds...

Generally if you say anything negative of police officers, it gets locked up.

Not criticizing--just pointing out my observation.

True... Elitism

You are acting like a fool... Just so you know...

A fool sir is someone who can not express there opinions or ideas without offending or belittling anyone... And you have proved yourself part of that group...

Threads are like conversations they evolve... Some ppl on here are so anal about how something was covered or not technical if everything that was covered could never be spoken about again eventually forums would die ... It there would just be classifieds...

The problem is the attempt to generalize...

If you made a thread about the misconduct of one individual officer as a news point I would not have a thing to say about it...

The problem is the effort to discredit ALL police officers..

Blind hatred based on irrational generalizations are unhealthy... Even look at politicians... Most are awful... But there are a handful that break the stereotype... So you can't really say politicians are the scum of the earth because it generalizes them all as acting the same...

There are some bad police... But twisting every thread into a bash session for every LEO out there is a bunch of BS...

A fool sir is someone who can not express there opinions or ideas without offending or belittling anyone... And you have proved yourself part of that group...

I find the excessive grand standing and attention whoring foolish...

You ask for clarity and Ive given it a thousand times over..

Bashing entire groups of people when some of those individuals are members of this forum is unacceptable... Don't you think it gets old to sign onto a forum as LEO every day only to read about how you are such horrible person when they have directly done nothing?

It's unreasonable to allow continuous bashing of people in that way...

The problem is the attempt to generalize...

If you made a thread about the misconduct of one individual officer as a news point I would not have a thing to say about it...

The problem is the effort to discredit ALL police officers..

Blind hatred based on irrational generalizations are unhealthy... Even look at politicians... Most are awful... But there are a handful that break the stereotype... So you can't really say politicians are the scum of the earth because it generalizes them all as acting the same...

There are some bad police... But twisting every thread into a bash session for every LEO out there is a bunch of BS...

I dont know how it works where your from but i live in newark, were cops are 95% shit... If you dont agree that is your right .. But it is my right to express how i feel... And i shouldnt be called a clown or a fool over it.... And when the thread was moved there was a conversation going on ... And it was loosely based on the original post....

I find the excessive grand standing and attention whoring foolish...

You ask for clarity and Ive given it a thousand times over..

Bashing entire groups of people when some of those individuals are members of this forum is unacceptable... Don't you think it gets old to sign onto a forum as LEO every day only to read about how you are such horrible person when they have directly done nothing?

It's unreasonable to allow continuous bashing of people in that way...

I wasnt bashing anyone... You can try to justify yourself so you can feel better ... But no one said anything far from the truth...

The thread was going fine until BLF jumped in, as per usual. It had nothing to do with discrediting any police. BLF does it to himself. The irony is incredible though.

I dont know how it works where your from but i live in newark, were cops are 95% shit... If you dont agree that is your right .. But it is my right to express how i feel... And i shouldnt be called a clown or a fool over it.... And when the thread was moved there was a conversation going on ... And it was loosely based on the original post....

Are the cops on this forum cops in Newark? Have they violated your rights?

That's the point... You are using this personal view of a tiny minority as an excuse to talk shit on EVERY cop... It's ridiculous... Can you really not see how absurd that is? Where I live in PA cops are really accommodating... Never had a single issue... Helped me with prints for nfa... The point is your experience with 1... 2... Or 5... Departments does not justify a blind hatred towards all... Especially when SOME support your gun rights...

That's the point... You are using this personal view of a tiny minority as an excuse to talk shit on EVERY cop... It's ridiculous... Can you really not see how absurd that is? Where I live in PA cops are really accommodating... Never had a single issue... Helped me with prints for nfa... The point is your experience with 1... 2... Or 5... Departments does not justify a blind hatred towards all... Especially when SOME support your gun rights...

I dont hate ALL cops and no one was cop bashing we were giving our opinions...

The thread was going fine until BLF jumped in, as per usual. It had nothing to do with discrediting any police. BLF does it to himself. The irony is incredible though.

True

But if people are bashing LEO's isn't that their right to do so? If you have a negative opinion of LEOs, it may be due to a history of negative encounters with them, not necessarily that the individual was arrested, but perhaps they were elitist, less than helpful, etc.

I myself have never had an encounter where a LEO helped me, so, if I were to make a true statement, "Several years ago, the police  told me that my house wasn't broken into, and nothing was stolen, despite my lock-box being smashed open with a hammer, $80 missing, and I had seen a person who had stolen from us in the past lurking outside the house. They didn't do anything about it, despite our ability to give them the address, name, and hell, even the social security card of the suspect. They also didn't press charges on a different man who has routinely been breaking into cars in our neighborhood. Or the fact it took 45 minutes to respond to an aggrivated assault that took place 3 blocks from the station.

But when it comes to traffic violations, you bet your ass they're there to write a ticket."

All of this is based on my real-life experience. Call it bashing, but my feeligns are based in my experience. If people do take issue with the police, you shouldn't ban them, or lock the thread if it's somewhat related to the topic, often times it is.

People have a right to say what they believe without fear of censorship.

Right, so you're talking about PA cops.

Never had a good experience with a NJ cop. Why don't we put this to a vote haha, we'll finally settle this long-running NJGF dispute once and for all! :D

Right, so you're talking about PA cops.

Never had a good experience with a NJ cop. Why don't we put this to a vote haha, we'll finally settle this long-running NJGF dispute once and for all! :D

And I have never had an issue with a NJ LEO....

I also just read the Empty Holster Thread.....   IMHO, nothing bad was said..... yet. BLF did jump the gun, but he has seen threads go downhill fast with the direction it was starting to take.....  But it didnt go " there"...... yet.

So lets all take a breath, and try and continue the conversation in an adult manner.... 

In fairness to you... I agree...

And further in fairness to you it is not alway "you" that starts the "drama"...

The tension is felt from both sides...

My goal is not to change your mind about cops... Lawyers... Catholic priests... Or Italian people from Philly... You can fell anything about anyone... My goal is simply to get to a point where we don't have to engage in some dramatic argument every other thread...

As for the LEO reference in that thread being reasonable... I don't even want to debate this... But no one can seriously be so fearful of the police that they think an empty holster could get them arrested...

What a bunch of whiners...as usual if you notice it's the same crew in here too. They can leave the threads open be ause you are correct, it is your right to express yourself. I will call you out on that though. That's my right. Again it was proven with the 95 percent of Newark cops are shit. That is a huge ignorant generalization. Again I would expect no less. So feel free to bash. I don't complain about it to the mods so its not on me. Run your mouth all you want. I am used to it. Especially from this crew

What a bunch of whiners...as usual if you notice it's the same crew in here too. They can leave the threads open be ause you are correct, it is your right to express yourself. I will call you out on that though. That's my right. Again it was proven with the 95 percent of Newark cops are shit. That is a huge ignorant generalization. Again I would expect no less. So feel free to bash. I don't complain about it to the mods so its not on me. Run your mouth all you want. I am used to it. Especially from this crew

So both sides..... need to agree.... to disagree..... and stop interacting with each other..... 

This >>>>poke1.gif

needs to stop by both sides

Dude if saying what i think makes me a whiner then i will whine on... That is the whole problem the guys writing the laws feel the same way ... When we say how we feel they think we are whining...