Sign in to follow this  
tony357

Another Great white.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Great-White-Shark-Sighting-in-NJ-211255391.html?fb_comment_id=fbc_506659292717129_4945387_506916202691438#f1f8f2a9c8

I was wondering what news 10 was doing at great bay marina, i figured it was about the clean-up..you can see the container in the background clean up crews are using to dump debris they are cleaning up of the bay shores..

Go to link video of shark.

A group of Jersey Shore fishermen had an up-close and personal encounter with a great white shark.

Rob Pompilio, Mike Long and another friend left from Little Egg Harbor Township on Sunday afternoon and were about 30 miles southeast of Atlantic City when they spotted the shark.

"Unspeakable. Like nothing I’ve ever seen before," said Pompilio. The great white was about half the size of Pompilio's 28-foot boat.

Long, who says "Jaws" is his favorite movie, was quick to hit "record" on his cell phone to make his own short movie of the great white shark circling the boat.

The friends say the shark hung around for about 10 minutes and seemed more curious than aggressive.

“The teeth were huge,” said Long. The great white left scratch marks from its sharp teeth on the boat. “It came up, just grabbed the boat, saw it wasn’t edible, went back down,” said Pompilio.

The founder of Brigantine's Marine Mammal Stranding Center says great white sightings have become more common off the coast of New Jersey in recent years because of an increase in the number of seals, one of its main prey.

“You should keep an eye out. If you see fins in the water, common sense should tell you to get out of the water," said Bob Schoelkopf, Marine Mammal Stranding Center.

quint.jpeg

Best post yet thus far, lol!  NO need for words, lol!

And the Dude's T-Shirt is perfect!  And since Obama has used all of his "favors" media-wise, don't be surprised if this story and video get picked-up by what we would consider a very liberal media!

HOOOPER!  WHERE THE HELL DID HE GO!?

Chief:  You're gonna need a bigger boat!

I wunder if they were using a chum slick?  10 minutes is a long time for that creature to be "interested" in what they were doing!  Anybody got a Garand and an extra Air Cylinder?  LOL!

Love the shark and the T-shirt lol. I respect all animals and hey the sea is their home if they want to be there so be it, wish I was only there to actually see it.

Off topic: my girlfriend snapped a photo yesterday while driving (yea I know how safe) of a box truck and on the back of it they wrote "America can't trust PR. Obama" Lmfao, she sent me the pic I'll try and upload it.

Check out that shark, chunk out of the dorsal fin and scaring on the mouth ,it's a fighter for sure.

Any that get to 16 feet are pretty good ones.  That's a mature whiter shark, possibly a full grown male.  Beautiful animals.  i've been diving close not too far from here once.  Glad it didn't show up that day!

Best post yet thus far, lol!  NO need for words, lol!

And the Dude's T-Shirt is perfect!  And since Obama has used all of his "favors" media-wise, don't be surprised if this story and video get picked-up by what we would consider a very liberal media!

HOOOPER!  WHERE THE HELL DID HE GO!?

Chief:  You're gonna need a bigger boat!

I wunder if they were using a chum slick?  10 minutes is a long time for that creature to be "interested" in what they were doing!  Anybody got a Garand and an extra Air Cylinder?  LOL!

haha love that photo!

Whites are curious animals - Not unusual for them to stick around for a bit and even and spy hop as seen in the video (they're one of a handful of sea animals that come to the surface and get their eyes above water to see what's happening above water out of curiosity and/or searching for food).