mattio41

Top 5 NJ Gun Laws You should know

2. Always transport ammo unloaded from magazines and guns in separate containers stored in the trunk of the vehicle. 

When I go to the range I pay to shoot not load. Thats what my wife is for. ....LOL

no offense to OP ..... But this thread will turn useless pretty fast.....   already we are debating what the laws even are in this thread..... much less which ones are the Top 5

.... the fact is .... NJ Firearms Laws are so murky....   we dont even understand them....... so to pick a Top 5.... never gonna happen.

Just sayin   :dontknow:

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

The inherent problem with determining which are "the top five" leads to discussion and OPINIONS by arm-chair types who constantly spread mis-information (loaded mags, etc.).  In actuality, the ONLY way to curb this is to prevent it in the first place, by simply posting the actual laws somewhere and their interpretations in common English (just like getting a copy of the Election Polling Public Questions/Bills before voting), and then forbidding anyone here from typing about it.  So we have a real "Catch-22", since a "forum" is a place where folks gather to ask OPINIONS about things they have no or very limited knowledge of.  Half the "drama" on this site would "go-away" if people who know very little would stop "arm-chairing" and "what-iffing" and simply read the Law.... 

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

The inherent problem with determining which are "the top five" leads to discussion and OPINIONS by arm-chair types who constantly spread mis-information (loaded mags, etc.).  In actuality, the ONLY way to curb this is to prevent it in the first place, by simply posting the actual laws somewhere and their interpretations in common English (just like getting a copy of the Election Polling Public Questions/Bills before voting), and then forbidding anyone here from typing about it.  So we have a real "Catch-22", since a "forum" is a place where folks gather to ask OPINIONS about things they have no or very limited knowledge of.  Half the "drama" on this site would "go-away" if people who know very little would stop "arm-chairing" and "what-iffing" and simply read the Law.... 

So why haven't you done it?

Mr. Armchair? Can I call you "Armchair?" I can't call you "light a candle." "Curse the Darkness" OK?

So why haven't you done it?

Mr. Armchair? Can I call you "Armchair?" I can't call you "light a candle." "Curse the Darkness" OK?

Now there's the Cat callin' the Kettle Black, lol!  Well Done Sir! :fan:

In response to your question, you may call me whatever you wish since you're from the "almost-free" State of PA.!  LOL!  Curse the Darkness is right, lol!  Too Funny!

Now there's the Cat callin' the Kettle Black, lol!  Well Done Sir! :fan:

In response to your question, you may call me whatever you wish since you're from the "almost-free" State of PA.!  LOL!  Curse the Darkness is right, lol!  Too Funny!

My mistake, you are absolutely right.

It is everybody else that has not done what you think will solve the problem that is armchairing. Not you. Everybody except you. You are golden, and merely required to tell everybody else how it should be without lifting a finger when you could easily do it yourself.

Lighting candles is beneath the man in the armchair.

I'll light a candle for you Mipafox

when you are gone

If you don't want me here, ban me. I won't create a new account to come back to complain. I won't send you dirty emails. Well, unless you ask nicer than that ;)

I asked some staff here to ban me over the past year because I was getting the feeling that I was annoying more people than I was helping. And if I can log in, I will be here from time to time. I was talked out of it. I was surprised and gracious. If that has changed, I am happy for you to force me out. No harm no foul.

I will say this. I believe I have had a very positive influence on the firearms activism on this site. I will go so far to say that I think I gave it a good kick in the ass, and this place changed a whole lot when I showed up. If my welcome is worn out, get rid of me.

Like I said, I don't want to be here if I provide a net negative contribution.

If Mr. Ed gets banned then I'm going to come to all your ranges and shoot up your target stands!

How about a list of forgotten or repealed NJ gun laws or municipal ordinances?

I.e. in 1856 Piscataway Township made it illegal to prop up a table using the stock of a rifle-musket unless it was a Christian holiday

A better idea -

There's another thread here where a husband is worried about his wife getting stopped while transporting his Ruger 10/22 to/from the range, and discusses all of the paperwork juggling he's considering to make it 'legal'.

This is for a 10/22.  A nice little .22 rifle.  

not an evil 'black gun'

not a 'high-powered cop killer'

not 'the choice of urban terrorists'

A 10/22.

Let's personalize it....Your wife wants to take little Johnny to the range, where the friendly instructors are having practice for the upcoming competition this weekend.  She needs to load-up the target rifle, properly transport it, not divert her trip, not stop to pick-up a homework assignment at school, and be able to prove she can legally possess a .22 target rifle.  Point-out at each twist and turn all of the arcane hoops we have to jump thru, and the penalties for non-compliance.  That should hopefully open a few eyes.

Let's personalize it....Your wife wants to take little Johnny to the range, where the friendly instructors are having practice for the upcoming competition this weekend.  She needs to load-up the target rifle, properly transport it, not divert her trip, not stop to pick-up a homework assignment at school, and be able to prove she can legally possess a .22 target rifle.  Point-out at each twist and turn all of the arcane hoops we have to jump thru, and the penalties for non-compliance.  That should hopefully open a few eyes.

I believe picking up homework gets you 5 in NJ.