NJAlex

My first handgun cleaned and ready.

post-6239-137184270356_thumb.jpg

Happy to finally get the chance to clean my first pistol in preparation for going to range 14 this weekend to break it in. It's a Smith and Wesson M&P 9 mm. Only could get it with 10 round magazines but was able to find 2 extra so I have 4 total. Very excited to try it out.

I wouldn't say worse, just different. If you are used to, and like, Glock triggers, especially the heavy tactile reset they have, then you will not like the M&P.

The APEX kit was designed to give the M&P a more "Glock-like" feel, not necessarily because they have terrible triggers, but because their reset point was very subtle.

That said, I did have the APEX DCAEK kit in my M&P45 before I sold it. I shot fine either way, but I was trying to make it feel more like my Glock. I figured if it felt similar, I would shoot it more and it would not alter my abilities with my mandated duty gun. The Apex Kit made the trigger more Glock like, but in totality it was still different enough that if I spent a range day on the M&P I would need to spen 2 range days getting back up to speed with my Glocks. So the M&P got sold and I bought a second G35.

The Apex kit is nice, but not necessary.