bignic83

TSA errrrr Big Brother is closing in

http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/24484-the-tsa-is-searching-your-car-thank-you-for-your-patronage-suckers

So what qualifies a valet to inspect a car for explosives. What training has he received? I swear they are completely out of control!

A TSA officer, not a valet, would inspect a car.

And, it is only a matter of time until terrorists realize that the front side of an airport terminal is a soft target with just much potential impact (as blowing up a plane) during certain times, but without the hassle of trying to get through a checkpoint.

And, it is only a matter of time until terrorists realize that the front side of an airport terminal is a soft target with just much potential impact (as blowing up a plane) during certain times, but without the hassle of trying to get through a checkpoint.

No they actually have the valet inspect the car after parking they hold the signs at valet that say your car has been searched one valet interviewed said TSA agents ordered him to search the car

And, it is only a matter of time until terrorists realize that the front side of an airport terminal is a soft target with just much potential impact (as blowing up a plane) during certain times, but without the hassle of trying to get through a checkpoint.

working in that environment i can tell you this is absolutely correct.

And, it is only a matter of time until terrorists realize that the front side of an airport terminal is a soft target with just much potential impact (as blowing up a plane) during certain times, but without the hassle of trying to get through a checkpoint.

please tell me you're not ok with this?

I don't have an issue with the terrorist aspect. My issue is how can the TSA count on a valet with no training to detect explosives. Wouldn't a trained bomb sniffing dog work better without invading my privacy?

The terrorists have known that for quite some time.   Look up the Athens airport attack in 1973,  Rome and Vienna airports in 1985, Glascow airport in 2007.   All were front-side attacks.  

You must know the official TSA Motto:    "Protecting you from yesterday's threats...tomorrow!"   They're doing it again here.

I don't have an issue with the terrorist aspect. My issue is how can the TSA count on a valet with no training to detect explosives. Wouldn't a trained bomb sniffing dog work better without invading my privacy?

because the valets will be tsa agents.

i'm not ok with this at all. not even close. i mean really? you guys are? remember that giving up liberty/privacy for safety/security thing?

A TSA agent convicted of stealing more than $800,000 worth of goods from travelers said this type of theft is “commonplace” among airport security. Almost 400 TSA officers have been fired for stealing from passengers since 2003.

­Pythias Brown, a former Transportation Security Administration officer at Newark Liberty International Airport, spent four years stealing everything he could from luggage and security checkpoints, including clothing, laptops, cameras, Nintendo Wiis, video games and cash.

Speaking publicly for the first time after being released after three years in prison, Brown told ABC News that he used the X-ray scanners to locate the most valuable items to snatch.

“I could tell whether it was cameras or laptops or portable cameras or whatever kind of electronic was in the bag,” he said.

Brown often worked alone, screening luggage behind the ticket counters. He was frequently told the overhead surveillance cameras, installed to prevent theft, were not working.

“It was so easy,” he said. “I walked right out of the checkpoint with a Nintendo Wii in my hand. Nobody said a word.”

With more electronics than any one individual could need, Brown began to sell the stolen items on eBay. At the time of his arrest, he was selling 80 cameras, video games and computers online. Brown said the theft was comparable to an addiction.

“It was like being on drugs,” he said. “I was like, ‘What am I doing?’ but the next day I was right back at it.”

Brown was finally caught after selling a camera he stole from the luggage of a CNN producer. When he sold the camera on eBay, he forgot to remove the news networks’ logo stickers.

“I got complacent,” he said.

The terrorists have known that for quite some time.   Look up the Athens airport attack in 1973,  Rome and Vienna airports in 1985, Glascow airport in 2007.   All were front-side attacks.  

You must know the official TSA Motto:    "Protecting you from yesterday's threats...tomorrow!"   They're doing it again here.

And hence TSA needs to be more active on the front side. They search bags, what's wrong with checking a car that will be in front of the terminal unoccupied for some time? Unfortunately being reactive is just the nature of the threat detection field. The BGs are constantly trying to come up with new ways of plying their trade.

And, officer is part of the agents official title - TSO: Transportation Security Officer

TSA shouldn't be a part of what they are already doing. They are inept, un-trustworthy low paid government servants. They should have no more responsibility than they already have. Which is too much. Leave the street side stuff to the police.

And hence TSA needs to be more active on the front side. They search bags, what's wrong with checking a car that will be in front of the terminal unoccupied for some time? Unfortunately being reactive is just the nature of the threat detection field. The BGs are constantly trying to come up with new ways of plying their trade.

And, officer is part of the agents official title - TSO: Transportation Security Officer

Again, please watch the video. TSA is not inspecting the vehicles, The valet is. 

I like what they are doing! First they have the best training in the business all they do is look for guns, knifes, and IED's. They also are overworked and take a beating from the uninformed complacent non traveling public and congress all day. The people who are on the plans everyday like what they do. They are also expanding there scope of duties and they should. They bring skills after the 11 years of being around that are necessary. Yes there are a few bad apples but if you look at any LEO or government agency they are a lot worse its just that for some reason the media has created a public opinion of them that is just not true.

I'm guessing that the valets are doing the searches for the time being as a stop-gap measure.

I do agree that front side security should be the responsibility of the PD, but I believe resources and manpower would be a show stopper there.

TSA work with LEO's on the front side and in the subways and buss stations. they have patrol's of Behavior Detection officers who make constant LEO calls all the time and help apprehend drug smugglers, kidnappers, fugitives and terrorist doing testing activity. I have been at a checkpoint when they found and help uncover plots we will never here about on the news because of the bias of the media.

A TSA agent convicted of stealing more than $800,000 worth of goods from travelers said this type of theft is “commonplace” among airport security. Almost 400 TSA officers have been fired for stealing from passengers since 2003.

­Pythias Brown, a former Transportation Security Administration officer at Newark Liberty International Airport, spent four years stealing everything he could from luggage and security checkpoints, including clothing, laptops, cameras, Nintendo Wiis, video games and cash.

Speaking publicly for the first time after being released after three years in prison, Brown told ABC News that he used the X-ray scanners to locate the most valuable items to snatch.

“I could tell whether it was cameras or laptops or portable cameras or whatever kind of electronic was in the bag,” he said.

Brown often worked alone, screening luggage behind the ticket counters. He was frequently told the overhead surveillance cameras, installed to prevent theft, were not working.

“It was so easy,” he said. “I walked right out of the checkpoint with a Nintendo Wii in my hand. Nobody said a word.”

With more electronics than any one individual could need, Brown began to sell the stolen items on eBay. At the time of his arrest, he was selling 80 cameras, video games and computers online. Brown said the theft was comparable to an addiction.

“It was like being on drugs,” he said. “I was like, ‘What am I doing?’ but the next day I was right back at it.”

Brown was finally caught after selling a camera he stole from the luggage of a CNN producer. When he sold the camera on eBay, he forgot to remove the news networks’ logo stickers.

“I got complacent,” he said.

old news and he was fired! and should have stayed in jail

I like what they are doing! First they have the best training in the business all they do is look for guns, knifes, and IED's. They also are overworked and take a beating from the uninformed complacent non traveling public and congress all day. The people who are on the plans everyday like what they do. They are also expanding there scope of duties and they should. They bring skills after the 11 years of being around that are necessary. Yes there are a few bad apples but if you look at any LEO or government agency they are a lot worse its just that for some reason the media has created a public opinion of them that is just not true.

I find it absolutely amazing how many explosives and IED 'experts' there are in the general population. Their criticism of TSA and their opinions of what should be done is usually very funny, albeit sad.

I don't know where to start.   No, the people who travel every day don't like what they do, and no, they should most certainly not be expanding the scope of their duties.   They need to be dialed back--significantly.  Now.

I'm not going to bother posting the hundreds of links that even a perfunctory google search will turn up.  TSA is the worst at what they do, though perhaps part of that is due to budget reasons--screeners are not paid well, turnover is huge, training is minimal, they perform miserably at finding real threats while individual screeners make it up as they go along and confiscate allowed items by the thousands.   The 'bad apple' rate is in fact significantly higher than that of real LEO agencies.  TSA fought for--and won--permission to hire convicted felons as screeners.   That's comforting.  

We have the most intrusive, least effective screening force in the first world.    If the best we can do for now is keep the screening clerks bottled up in the tiniest possible part of the airport, so be it.   We need to resist their ongoing attempts to spread-like a cancer-to rail and automotive and small plane and pedestrian traffic.  I'm sorry if I'm offending some TSA folks here, but this is big-government, big-brother intrusiveness at its worst.

I'm not going to bother posting the hundreds of links that even a perfunctory google search will turn up.

Edit: They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true ar accurate, can they?

TSA is the worst at what they do, though perhaps part of that is due to budget reasons--screeners are not paid well, turnover is huge, training is minimal, they perform miserably at finding real threats while individual screeners make it up as they go along and confiscate allowed items by the thousands.   The 'bad apple' rate is in fact significantly higher than that of real LEO agencies.  TSA fought for--and won--permission to hire convicted felons as screeners.   That's comforting.  

Yes, they are not paid well, and that is a core problem, but where is the money for higher salaries and thus higher quality personnel going to come from?

No, their training is not minimal. It is quite extensive due to the large number of different technologies used, and the large number of different procedures that must be remembered.

Overall they perform quite well when tested by Threat Image Projection and red teams. They receive re-training and disciplinary actions if they fall below a certain rate of threat detection when tested. Where did you get your performance data?

Where did you get your 'bad apple' rates to form your conclusion?

We have the most intrusive, least effective screening force in the first world.    If the best we can do for now is keep the screening clerks bottled up in the tiniest possible part of the airport, so be it.   We need to resist their ongoing attempts to spread-like a cancer-to rail and automotive and small plane and pedestrian traffic.  I'm sorry if I'm offending some TSA folks here, but this is big-government, big-brother intrusiveness at its worst.

Bottom line, is TSA is an agency that has its fair share of problems, and they are mainly due to the daunting and very complex nature of threat detection amongst the public. I guess my main reply is, what are your answers? How would you run TSA if you were in charge?

Yeah, all of us uninformed dolts out here in the public, I think we should just shut up already and take it. After all, we're not the explosive experts in the gov't so our opinions carry no weight. I see NO PROBLEM AT ALL with standing up an entire army of Valets across the nation to rifle through our personal vehicles, as long as they leave that nice note afterwards, and maybe a mint or something. In fact, why not just expand the program to all transportation hubs -- why just at airports? And while we're at it, why not every building or major intersection as well? Aren't they all soft targets? The important thing is that every Citizen be watched as much as digitally possible, in our cars, out of our cars, on the computer, on the phone, wherever. The State is totally trustworthy.

Sarcasm.

Amen, especially around here. I have been in many airports all over the country and Philly airport has the worst, laziest, most inept employees of any airport I have ever been to.

TSA shouldn't be a part of what they are already doing. They are inept, un-trustworthy low paid government servants. They should have no more responsibility than they already have. Which is too much. Leave the street side stuff to the police.

Maybe they have some Intel we no nothing about...  It would suck to have a airport blown up by a Valet parked car,,, if you know their is going to be a search i do not see the problem.. I think security should be tough at our airports just to show that we are not giving in to terrorism.

I think TSA should start frisking Obama before he enters Air Force One..

As a FREQUENT traveler I can say I have nothing but complete hate and discontent for the TSA.  They are completely unprofessional, overzealous, disrespectful fools that make a living off of my taxpayer money.  I play a game when I travel, I call it spot the sleeping TSA agent.   You would be amazed how many of them are sleeping on the job, not on break but on the job.  The most common one is the guy that sits at the exit of the terminal.   I cannot believe that we pay money to be treated like cattle, and the American people are ok with how they are treated.  I travel globally and the US security is a joke.   One of the things that I have seen and have thought about going to the media was when I was coming home from New Orleans.  In the line for the morning strip search, the man behind me had a walker and was wearing a Congressional Medal of Honor.   I was talking with the gentleman, a true American Hero, and he said that he wanted to see the National WWII Museum before he died.  When it was his time to get strip searched, they took his walker away.  He told them that he couldn't walk without his walker.  The TSA guy said " just get in the scanner."  I walked up to the TSA "officer" and explained what the old man was wearing around his neck was and said he should be showing a little respect, this man was a hero.  The TSA "officer" said "I dont give a fugg, get back"  I then walked up and assisted the old man, the TSA guy then said " I am doing what I can to protect my country...... WHAT THE FU*# HAVE YOU EVER DONE."  I then proceeded to explain to him how I am a veteran of Iraq and Afghan and if he wants to know what it's like to protect my country he can feel free to ask me.  Other passengers started clapping and cheering when I said that.   Needless to say Security was called on me and I was threatened to be detained if i did not move on.  Ever since then I am at war with the TSA.  I think every airport in the country has my picture. 

My tactics are childish fun but the response is always good. 

1)First, when they ask for your boarding pass and ID walk up and in your best German accent go, "PAPERS, you need papers, you cannot travel without papers, I need your papers! "  Kinda start sounding like Gestapo, they get the hint. 

2)Then the best is to always opt out of the the cancer making machine and get a pat down.  When the guy walks up explain to him that you are extremely homo-phobic and request a female TSA agent.  They decline and say a male must do it.  Then say "Well I have a horrible fear of being touched by another man and may not be responsible for my actions.  This sets them up and gets them on their toes.  Then as they are patting you down just twitch every once in a while.... believe me this one is funny. 

3)Go to Bourbon Street and eat some GREASY mexican food before you fly home.  In a drunken stupor when they are patting you down start releasing some tactical atomic farts.  This is classic and they actually had to call for assistance before because I almost made the guy puke...... :)

4)when they are patting you down start making some "gay" comments like oooh thats the spot, or a little to the right.  Ask "ming lee, you got any coconut oil here, you could save me my next trip to Thailand."  Then they yell at you for talking when they are patting down, so groan every once in a while...... they really dont like this one....    LOL

I have a bunch more but a true master never gives out all his secrets. 

As a FREQUENT traveler I can say I have nothing but complete hate and discontent for the TSA.  They are completely unprofessional, overzealous, disrespectful fools that make a living off of my taxpayer money.  I play a game when I travel, I call it spot the sleeping TSA agent.   You would be amazed how many of them are sleeping on the job, not on break but on the job.  The most common one is the guy that sits at the exit of the terminal.   I cannot believe that we pay money to be treated like cattle, and the American people are ok with how they are treated.  I travel globally and the US security is a joke.   One of the things that I have seen and have thought about going to the media was when I was coming home from New Orleans.  In the line for the morning strip search, the man behind me had a walker and was wearing a Congressional Medal of Honor.   I was talking with the gentleman, a true American Hero, and he said that he wanted to see the National WWII Museum before he died.  When it was his time to get strip searched, they took his walker away.  He told them that he couldn't walk without his walker.  The TSA guy said " just get in the scanner."  I walked up to the TSA "officer" and explained what the old man was wearing around his neck was and said he should be showing a little respect, this man was a hero.  The TSA "officer" said "I dont give a fugg, get back"  I then walked up and assisted the old man, the TSA guy then said " I am doing what I can to protect my country...... WHAT THE FU*# HAVE YOU EVER DONE."  I then proceeded to explain to him how I am a veteran of Iraq and Afghan and if he wants to know what it's like to protect my country he can feel free to ask me.  Other passengers started clapping and cheering when I said that.   Needless to say Security was called on me and I was threatened to be detained if i did not move on.  Ever since then I am at war with the TSA.  I think every airport in the country has my picture. 

My tactics are childish fun but the response is always good. 

1)First, when they ask for your boarding pass and ID walk up and in your best German accent go, "PAPERS, you need papers, you cannot travel without papers, I need your papers! "  Kinda start sounding like Gestapo, they get the hint. 

2)Then the best is to always opt out of the the cancer making machine and get a pat down.  When the guy walks up explain to him that you are extremely homo-phobic and request a female TSA agent.  They decline and say a male must do it.  Then say "Well I have a horrible fear of being touched by another man and may not be responsible for my actions.  This sets them up and gets them on their toes.  Then as they are patting you down just twitch every once in a while.... believe me this one is funny. 

3)Go to Bourbon Street and eat some GREASY mexican food before you fly home.  In a drunken stupor when they are patting you down start releasing some tactical atomic farts.  This is classic and they actually had to call for assistance before because I almost made the guy puke...... :)

4)when they are patting you down start making some "gay" comments like oooh thats the spot, or a little to the right.  Ask "ming lee, you got any coconut oil here, you could save me my next trip to Thailand."  Then they yell at you for talking when they are patting down, so groan every once in a while...... they really dont like this one....    LOL

I have a bunch more but a true master never gives out all his secrets. 

I am also a frequent traveler and agree 100%. Don't know if I got the ballz to try your routine though. I would love to be in the audience to cheer you on!!