Howard

If only you lived in a free state,

My mother tells me to shoot the little ones.........because they taste better.

Of coarse by hunting season they've lost their spots.

And as far as hunting in a free state vs. an oppressed state - NJ has some of the most liberal bag limits for deer. PA on the other hand is a one or two deer per season state, in most areas.

Unlimited doe in my zone Sept- mid February. My freezer is always full. Wont find me in the meat isle at the shoprite, except for chicken occasionally. Its been a while since I killed a deer with a gun. I prefer the bow or xbow for deer myself. I even use the bow during six day firearm, since they started allowing it. If I dont take the bow its Muzzle loader instead.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Unlimited doe in my zone Sept- mid February. My freezer is always full. Wont find me in the meat isle at the shoprite, except for chicken occasionally. Its been a while since I killed a deer with a gun. I prefer the bow or xbow for deer myself. I even use the bow during six day firearm, since they started allowing it. If I dont take the bow its Muzzle loader instead. Sent using Tapatalk 2

You're a brave man going out in camo during 6-day.  :hunter:  :hunter:  :hunter:

You're a brave man going out in camo during 6-day. :hunter::hunter::hunter:

I'm on private property (farm) in Mendham, no one is coming through there except me. Unless they want to be prosecuted lol... I usually ware an Orange hat till in my stand just incase.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I'm on private property (farm) in Mendham, no one is coming through there except me. Unless they want to be prosecuted lol... I usually ware an Orange hat till in my stand just incase. Sent using Tapatalk 2

:good:

My wife prefers to eat the small does and refuse to eat tougher large gamey bucks. To control the deer population the does need to be cullled. It only takes one buck to impregnate a herd of does, so I don't feel bad about shooting them small. The ones with spots are not worth the effort since there is not much meat, but they don't have to be too much larger.