Sign in to follow this  
Bbott

Vote Now! Save our Second Amendment Rights!

The National Constitution Center is proposing changing the Second Amendment to remove our fundamental Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Click the link below and REJECT their proposed changes!!

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2013/09/vote-now-a-constitutional-right-to-bear-arms/

PROPOSED AMENDMENT: “Because a well-regulated National Guard and Reserve, and well-regulated Federal, state, and local public safety departments, are necessary to the security of our free states and our free nation, the rights of citizens, while serving in their capacity in the aforesaid organizations, to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

364 sheep for it when I voted, disgusting

Ummmmmm.....

I'm not sure you guys understand how amendments work if you think that the "National Constitution Center" can change the 2nd amendment.  They're just doing a discussion, a stupid idea, but has no real legal bearing.  They're a museum, nothing more.  http://constitutioncenter.org/

Yes

Vote in NJ.com polls that have no real meaning either and will most likely vote on many more in the hope that it let's them ( anti's ) know that more people are against their stupidity than for it

It reminds me of last year when labor unions had a big rally in Philly were they were demanding a "new Bill of Rights" which also happens to proposed by the Communist Party USA. Who's in bed with who? I'd like to find out who's idea it was at the National Constituton Center to pich the 2A as the first to be rewritten.

Ummmmmm.....

I'm not sure you guys understand how amendments work if you think that the "National Constitution Center" can change the 2nd amendment. They're just doing a discussion, a stupid idea, but has no real legal bearing. They're a museum, nothing more. http://constitutioncenter.org/

Just sharing what the NRA posted. I understand this has no legal impact, but by voting you are voicing your opinion...

Let's re-write the 1st amendment using their philosophy:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion for citizens serving in the National Guard and Reserve, and well-regulated Federal, state, and local public safety departments, or prohibiting the free exercise of only such citizens thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech of only such citizens, or of the press for only such citizens; or the right of only such citizens peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Good to see them getting hammered.  I voted and went to post a comment, but could not because I'm not on Facebook.  Probably not much that I could say that had not already been said in the 700+ comments prior to my vote.

I love it. Every last comment I've seen there is reaming that website. They even added a disclaimer to the article stating that the amendment is proposed "by readers" and does not accurately portray the center's viewpoints. I think it's bs, but nice attempt at damage control.

Why do you think that? Its still at about 94-95% AGAINST.

Maybe they were hoping to change committee's, kind of like our legislators halting a vote they were going to lose in order to bring it to a committee that would pass it, didn't work for them in the end either