A-Tech

Throw it over the wall?

Just shoot it out!! Haha with all seriousness I have had 1 squib from a pmc bronze load. I delt with it with the straight piece of a plastic hanger that was left in my car. Worked well i didnt have a hammer so i held the barrel and smack the hanger piece against the floor and it came out in 3 smacks.

Good news everyone! After much debate on how I should remove the lodged bullet, I decide to take a smaller caliber pistol and line it up perfectly to the muzzle of the other barrel (with stuck bullet), and fire into it, dislodging the bullet back in the direction it came from....

Just kidding, I just used a punch to smack it out in 1,2,3.

I should really link that thread in my signature for all to enjoy at any moments notice.

Use this link - it goes direct to that post: http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/39120-winchester-white-box-walmart-easton-pa-purchases-lengthy/#entry519213

Dafuque did I just read?!?!  Someone PLEASE tell me that was some a$$hole posting crazy sh!t just to get a reaction. 

Dafuque did I just read?!?!  Someone PLEASE tell me that was some a$$hole posting crazy sh!t just to get a reaction. 

Nope.....a now legendary thread.The OP still stops by every once in awhile....

He posted it originally then deleted his OP because of the rash of shit he was getting. A member was kind enough to grab the cached page for all to enjoy..

Ironically your response was my reply after i read that lol

I think you missed the rest of the thread

I like kman also though you were in genuine trouble.

As for the thread about throwing things over the wall it will live on infamy but i think all of us here at NJGF as well as the OP of that forum thought a lot about what can happen if things go wrong and panic takes over.

I debated a lot weather to post the cached post of the OP which he posted with good intentions to warn us about the bad batch of WWB he encountered.

Then i remembered times where i did something very dangerous and it took people to knock me on the head so i can stop doing it and decided to post it. I m sure we can all relate to a similar situation (maybe not envolving firearms) and we thought we were doing the right thing but we werent. Either way i see he s been reading and posting since and although many here slammed him for handling the situation in a very wrong way i personally viewed that as an experience that he learned something from and wish him the best.

The nicest thing you can do for anyone is to tell them for real when they screw up.  If nobody tells you when you screw up, you will never know!

My point in my post above was that you don't need to necessarily go to a gun store or a gunsmith when you have problems.  Home Depot and Lowes is way more convenient to go to than a gun store because they are always open, and they have stuff you can use to get yourself out of a jam.

When the original "throw it over the wall" thread was active, I sent a PM to the guy who did it, telling about how I had a similar problem once when hunting (Savage 99 with live round jammed in chamber, lever wouldn't open, trigger pulled and striker/firing pin resting on live primer that did not ignite, stuck in the middle of woods with 4x4 in upstate NY) and what I did to transport it safely to a gunsmith so they could take the gun apart and clear it, which they did the next morning.  If you don't want to tell someone in public here that they messed up, you can always let them know in private via PM.

I have to say this might be the first time that someone posted a malfunction live from the shooting range as it happened.  That's pretty neat.  Now I need to remember to put a brass rod in my bag of tools in case it happens to me.

I like kman also though you were in genuine trouble.

I know sometimes it's tough to read me and my humor...you'd know better if I ever bumped into you at EFGA, which I'm surprised I never have...I'm pretty much a know everything, wise-ass that can fix anything and everything, with a sharp memory for priceless threads waiting to be risen from the dead.

Thank you so much for posting the link to this often referenced thread. I've tried to find the original post after reading so many references but never had any luck

Can I ask a stupid noob question here?

I never heard of anything like this, I googled squibs and couldn't find anything about this.

Why did this happen? How do you know if it happens? Does it sound like a normal round? If it happens does the gun cycle the next round and give you the chance to fire it into the back of the stuck bullet and cause serious damage?

Can I ask a stupid noob question here?

I never heard of anything like this, I googled squibs and couldn't find anything about this.

Why did this happen? How do you know if it happens? Does it sound like a normal round? If it happens does the gun cycle the next round and give you the chance to fire it into the back of the stuck bullet and cause serious damage?

A squib can happen for a couple of reasons,  a few being,  not having enough/any powder in the cartridge, this mostly happens in hand loaded rounds but can also happen in factory ammo.  A very loose crimp allowing gases to escape around the bullet can also do this.

Usually a you can tell a squib by the "Feel" it will not kick as hard/ be as loud as a regular round.  Often in a semi auto the gun will fail to load the next round.

I use the terms "often" and "usually",  sometimes the weapon will cycle fine and yes, if you pull the trigger on a blocked barrel very bad things can happen.

Pretty much if it doesn't "feel" right or you don't see a new hole in your target, stop shooting and check.