Sign in to follow this  
Contrvlr

Hand cannons

Hit the range this afternoon, at one point the building shook

Guy at the end of the line ( Ken, an MCRPC member ) is firing an S&W 460 XVR, holy crap

Except for the insane flash and booming concussion in the booth the gun was amazingly mild to shoot, largest handgun I'd shot prior was a 629 and really didn't enjoy it 

My little .45acp surrounded by his .450 and .460 Magnum

460_zpsc82315c6.jpg

I bought a 500 6" barrel in anticipation of doing an Alaskan hunting trip in the future. Don't want to go without a show stopper. The fear of a .50 ban made up my mind to buy it this year. I took it to the range emptied one wheel at about $10 that was enough for me lol. No I didn't enjoy shooting it that much it hurt my hand. Maybe I would like it more loaded with wadd cutters? They make one with a 4" barrel, wonder how that feels? Maybe I should have got the .454 instead.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

My DE usually brings people to my booth to find out what is making the big boom lol. I love it

Nice! I had someone with a DE in the port next to mine about a week ago. I felt like I needed to grab a hold of something when he decided to squeeze off a few rounds. I swear my feet were were lifting off the ground from the concussion. LOL.

Purchased my 500 S&W back in January. I was a little nervous the first time shooting it, but it's not as bad as I thought. 

I had it with me a few weeks ago at the GFH range. By the time I got to the 3 shot, I had almost everyone stop over at my port to see what I was shooting. The reloads with H110 definitely produce a nice flame and awesome sound. 

Nice! I had someone with a DE in the port next to mine about a week ago. I felt like I needed to grab a hold of something when he decided to squeeze off a few rounds. I swear my feet were were lifting off the ground from the concussion. LOL.

I've let two total strangers fire my baby the last 2 times I've been to the range. Toys aren't as fun until someone else wants to play with em