Shawnmoore81

911 operator vs cop 2a stance

Was watching an episode of cops. They started with the recording of a 911 call. Woman is come alone. Complaints of a peeping tom in neighborhood. She has a guy with a screw driver breaking into her window. She seems him and he sees her. So that's a dangerous situation. She tells the operator she has a gun and she's gonna go get it. The operator says "no don't do that". The cops come and get the guy. He had a knife and screwdriver. Cops are talking to her and she stated that she had her gun and would have shot him if he made it in. The cop says "yeah well you have to protect yourself"

I brought this up because people put so much weight into listening to the 911 operator after the Zimmerman ordeal. It just shows you that it's not always in your best interest to listen to them.

Obviously the 911 operator doesn't want to be held liable if she does shoot the guy.

Remember when that one lady kept asking the operator if it was okay to shoot the guy in her house? The mom and child were in a locked room/closet and the suspect was still trying to get to them. The operator never told the mom to shoot the person but to do what she had to due to protect her family if I recall correctly.

Some people are sue happy and their just CYAing themselves.

I remember a story (a couple years ago) about a frightened woman in the mid-west in her kitchen watching a Perp break-through the sliding glass door on her back deck.  She gets on the horn with the 911 Dispatcher and tells the Dispatcher that she has a shotgun and will use it.  Dispatcher tells the woman that the Cops are several minutes away, and to "do what you have to to protect yourself"!  Perp comes crashing through the sliding glass door and BOOOMM, BOOOOOMM, two blasts from the 12 ga. and there's blood and glass all over everything.  Cops get there and after a short 1/2 hour investigation rule the Shoot to be GOLDEN! 

This was on all of the news channels and the web too.  Ain't Free America GREAT?

I remember a story (a couple years ago) about a frightened woman in the mid-west in her kitchen watching a Perp break-through the sliding glass door on her back deck.  She gets on the horn with the 911 Dispatcher and tells the Dispatcher that she has a shotgun and will use it.  Dispatcher tells the woman that the Cops are several minutes away, and to "do what you have to to protect yourself"!  Perp comes crashing through the sliding glass door and BOOOMM, BOOOOOMM, two blasts from the 12 ga. and there's blood and glass all over everything.  Cops get there and after a short 1/2 hour investigation rule the Shoot to be GOLDEN! 

This was on all of the news channels and the web too.  Ain't Free America GREAT?

I'm surprised the MSM actually covered that story! They usually try to suppress "successful self defense" stories like that since it goes against their "anti-gun" agenda.  That, or they try to re-spin them in an anti-gun way (i.e. making the shooter/defender look bad/like an idiot) somehow.