OchoBlue

M&P 15 Sport Scope

I'm getting back into the sport after a very long absence and having a "blast" with my M&P 15 Sport. As an entry level AR I'm quite happy with the purchase.

Been to Cherry Ridge several times as a guest and thinking about joining though I realize that is a topic for another thread....

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced scope? I'd preferably like to keep the iron sights intact (A2 front / magpul folding rear) and simply add it to the Picatinny rail. The main purpose would be plinking on the 50 / 100 yd range and of course zombie defense.

Again thanks to everyone on the forum for sharing their knowledge and insights. The forum has become my go to place to learn about the sport and it's nice to know that there are others in NJ that also enjoy it.

it does for short range fast target acquisition.  I would get one with that as you have a 'red dot' and a magnification scope all in one.  It allows you greater flexibility in what you'll use it for.  If that is not important to you, I'd go with a nikon 1-4x.  If you do want the illuminated, I think the Burris line will suit you fine.  To be honest however, you can add100 to that and probably pick up a vortex viper pst on arfcom if you catch it right.

Thanks for the quick responses. Assuming the scope is picked out what do you need to consider in a mount? Any links to appropriate mounts on cabelas?

Cabelas recommends the P mount sight for that scope IIRC. I bought mine from them last summer. Nikon offers deals on that model every so often.

Check out this scope from Primary Arms.

Getting decent reviews from the ninjas on the internets.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-1-6X-Scope-with-ACSS-Reticle-p/pa1-6xrbd.htm

I thinking of getting one could be a better scope than the Tac 30 1x4 I currently have.

Check out this scope from Primary Arms.

Getting decent reviews from the ninjas on the internets.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-1-6X-Scope-with-ACSS-Reticle-p/pa1-6xrbd.htm

I thinking of getting one could be a better scope than the Tac 30 1x4 I currently have.

I like marshal and his stuff is good but it's not close imho.  Burris has lifetime warranty while primary arms does not.  That alone drops PA out of the picture in my book.  If you are buying optics, you want a lifetime warranty

50/100 yards, go with a red dot so much faster at target acquisition. At your price range, go with the awesome vortex sparc.

Here is a $160 deal for the sparc that was posted on slickguns yesterday: http://www.slickguns.com/product/vortex-sparc-red-dot-joebobs-sale-price-19999-use-coupon-code-sparc-save-40-15999

It comes with mounting hardware for 4 different heights, so it can be cowitnessed with more or less any configuration, a 2x screw-in magnifier, and a lifetime warranty.

Keep in mind where you'll be shooting-CR. I shoot there also and there isnt too much opportunity for "active target acquisition" from a bench, too much movement on the line is typically not welcomed. Not busting red dots but not the best place to use them for their intended purpose imo. Also if your eyes arent great like mine you want good clear adjustable magnification that will allow you to even see your target(and impacts) at long distances. Now having said that the above spark deal is looking good for my cx4 which is my 50 yrd shooter!

Now having said that the above spark deal is looking good for my cx4 which is my 50 yrd shooter!

I also use mine on a CX4, with a lower 1/3 cowitness. I have not tried the magnifier yet, but the scope itself works very well at 50 yards.