manwithnoname

+1 for bullethole

Just a note to say how much I have enjoyed going to Bullethole recently to shoot. They are clearly working on customer service, the RO's do their best to be pleasant and helpful (even with a lot of new shooters crowding the range, and their prices remain low. Not the newest or the best, but gotta give them a lot of credit for working hard to please.

I checked out the place last night and it wasn't bad, although there was only one other person there shooting and I can imagine the range area being a madhouse if all the ports were full. Being able to get port time in 1/2 hour increments is nice. Also, they permit drawing from the holster, but you have to notify the RSO first.

With ranges like RTSP and GFH setting the bar so high, small ranges need to step it up if they want to keep customers.

That is the way capitalism is supposed to work!  Competition creates the best product/service. I agree with the general positive comments about Bullet Hole.  

I know a lot of people bash this place but I've never had an issue.  They're not the most overwhelmingly warm folks but I've always been treated politely and gotten good stuff there.  I don't shoot there because I don't like the range much and I'm much closer to GFH and equidistant to RTSP.

Went to The Bullethole weekly for almost half a year and have never had a problem.  Again, not the most friendly staff but I find the RO (the older gentleman) hilarious.  Very cold at first, but if you are going there regularly and adhere to the rules he is a pretty funny guy.  Have not been there in a few months as I can not afford to shoot 300-400 rounds a week anymore and therefore make only a bi-weekly or monthly trip to Range 14 since my recent rifle acquisitions.  Might be worth a return trip though.  Again, not the friendliest but I feel like it discourages stupidity. 

I recently purchased a handgun at The Bullet Hole, it was busy when I went but they were helpful and the process went quickly and smoothly. I came back the following week to test out my new purchase, again it was crowded but there were no issues, the facility was fine and the RO friendly. I really have nothing bad to say about my experience there.

I know a lot of people bash this place but I've never had an issue.  They're not the most overwhelmingly warm folks but I've always been treated politely and gotten good stuff there.  I don't shoot there because I don't like the range much and I'm much closer to GFH and equidistant to RTSP.

In the past people have had issues. I went there once and it was OK, but my friend did have a ND as he put down his Beretta 92FS on the table. Thankfully the bullet went downrange and didn't hurt anyone. RSO didn't seem to notice. 

I was in yesterday. It was busy, waited 5-10 min for my turn told the clerk what I was looking for and he said that he had one. They were all real nice. I was surprised how reasonably priced it was. Told him I wanted wrote up the paper work waited about 5 min for the Nics and off I went. I even got a free hour on the range to use when I want. There was definitely a different vibe there than in the past. Maybe the additional competition made them realize that they needed to make some changes. I would definitely go back for another purchase.

They have great prices in my opinion, so I ended up buying a few guns from them.  I also like how they never gouged on ammo prices.  I haven't been to their range in a while though, because GFH is closer, and even though it's more expensive, it's much nicer.  Such an establishment costs huge money to start-up, and the excellent customer service and quality has value.  I leave there happy to pay whatever I paid for range time.

In the past people have had issues. I went there once and it was OK, but my friend did have a ND as he put down his Beretta 92FS on the table. Thankfully the bullet went downrange and didn't hurt anyone. RSO didn't seem to notice. 

Why was the gun loaded before entering his port?

Their used guns are expensive. a used glock was $475.....Mean while The same thing was $375 shipped with NICS and transfer......

Their used guns are consignment pieces, for the most part. The Bullethole does not set the price, the seller does. You can always make an offer. It'll be up to the seller to say yes or no.

C

Their used guns are consignment pieces, for the most part. The Bullethole does not set the price, the seller does. You can always make an offer. It'll be up to the seller to say yes or no.

C

Cool they didn't explain that......