gleninjersey

WHAT OTHER CZ75 INSPIRED GUNS HAVE YOU PURCHASED

By "CZ75 inspired" I mean other guns where the slide rides inside the frame rails rather than outside. I believe this is probably the largest design feature which differentiates CZ from other guns. 

Up until about 4 months or so I had never heard of CZ before.  In the short time I have been exposed to them (thanks SOF!) I have been very impressed.  From the ergonomics, the way the grip feels in my hand and, of course, their accuracy there is just something pretty special about them.  So I was wondering, what other CZ inspired guns have others purchased?  Have you been as happy with those purchases as you were with your CZ?

Don't own a CZ but I did purchase an IWI Baby Eagle steel frame in .40 which is a CZ clone.  The gun had great reviews, I got it for a great price, and it was one of the original Israeli made guns which were held in higher regard than the current US produced models.  The gun is beautiful (IMO better looking than the CZ) but I hated it.  The recoil was terrible for a full size steel gun, the mags were unreliable, and I wound up selling it not long after I bought it.  I will say it was damn accurate though.  I'm no marksman but I was making 3" groups at 20yds, which I can only do with one other pistol - my 1911.  

Having shot another members CZ75 it was also very accurate, although I did not take it out to 20yds.  

IMI baby Eagle Chambered in 41 AE..  Great Pistol the action is extremely fast.  very accurate pistol.  Fun caliber to reload.

Ordered this gun special and had it coated in brushed chrome this is one of my favorite handguns.. 

Blake - I've never fired a 40 but have heard from others they are a very snappy and harsh round. Maybe try if in 9 or 45? Those Baby Eagles ae very nice looking!

40 is snappy but not to bad. It's probably not the round that's so much an issue but the gun. Some pistols just do a better job of distributing recoil then others do.

I have a Tanfoglio Witness ploymer full size in .40 S&W. I have put 300 rounds of everything from high end self defense rounds to cheap steel ammo. It fed and ejected all flawlessly. I also have a .45 conversion slide for it. 200 rounds with the same result. Both slides are very accurate as well. The single action is extremely light and smooth. The double action not so much. Cost was $395 for the pistol and $255 for the conversion slide.

My wife has the Sar Arms (Turkish made) SARBP6 Compact (CZ 75 compact clone) in 9mm. It is very well finished. We have not fired it yet and I am trying to convince her to come to the range with me as I type this. Cost was $309.I believe the full size BP6 is around the same cost.

Blake - I've never fired a 40 but have heard from others they are a very snappy and harsh round. Maybe try if in 9 or 45? Those Baby Eagles ae very nice looking!

Not only nice looking, but feels great and shoots accurate.  I have BE in 9mm, all steel, Israeli made.  I like it better than anything I tried so far.  (Have to confess not many yet.)

BTW, when I was shopping for semi-auto, somebody at the store noted that 40 were snappy.  Well, 9mm was my preference anyway.

The only downsize - it is heavy for CCW.  Which is irrelevant in my situation :(

GSK1 - I've been interested in the EAA Witness Match for some time now. Several weeks ago I had the pleasure to meet another forum member who had one and allowed me to shoot his. The Match is single action only (hammer fired) and was very nice to shoot. Very crisp, light trigger. While I only fired a few magazines I found it to be very accurate. We did a quick caliber conversion to 22 and it fired flawlessly. I really like the versatility of the caliber concersion kits. I will most likely be picking one up next year.

Glad to hear you have enjoyed yours.

A buddy has an Armalite AR-24 and it is quite nice.  I would have taken one of those in a heartbeat, or one of the compacts, AR-24K, however, I didn't because of where they are made.