Had a great day at South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow today.

My son and I headed down about 08:30, he knocked out the orientation program for membership (he had been going as my guest), then we shot Garand on the 100, AR's on the 50, and then over to the new pistol range to put 100 rounds through a brand new M&P 22 (a lot of fun to shoot).

I kind of expected not many people to be out today due to the 22 degree weather, and enough breeze to bring the chill factor down to the teens, but I was wrong - there were always at least 3 groups of shooters at each range we were shooting.

Even though it was bitter cold, it was a great day, shot well, shared range time with a bunch of good people, RO was mindful and pleasant, finished the day with a pleasant conversation with Amy and Jake in Banger's (looking forward to the calendar event on the 14th of next month) - nothing special to say, just a great day!

This is my favorite time of year to shoot.  I make it a point to go shoot on the coldest days.  You can go to the range all by yourself and get some piece and quiet!  i love winter and the cold.  Makes me miss Alaska. 

Winter has always been my favorite time of the year.  Cold weather used to weed out the weak before the government took care of them.

Ken

Had a great day at South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow today.

I kind of expected not many people to be out today due to the 22 degree weather, and enough breeze to bring the chill factor down to the teens, but I was wrong - there were always at least 3 groups of shooters at each range we were shooting.

Even though it was bitter cold, it was a great day...

I go to Cherry Ridge on weekday mornings, usually Friday. The last few times were bitter cold; a month ago it poured rain like a M-F. Three days ago it was cold and drizzling most of the time.

I wear layers, gloves, a hat, and take them off as it warms up. 

What a beautiful place; what a fun experience.

Cold, schmold.