So since the NICS section is closed maybe it's okay to ask here. How long is NICS backed up? I haven't had a NICS check since the disaster that lasted from December through nearly all of summer and was wondering if it only backed up yesterday and today and if anybody's heard back yet?

Was yours phoned in or faxed in?  5 hours ago would be lunch time on Black Friday, on a day when I'm sure some of the NICS checkers took off.  Not surprised it would take a bit longer, all things considered, but that seems excessive.  Maybe the gun shop misplaced your number?

Yeah it was from Dick's. Don't know if they phoned or faxed it in. What makes a difference where? Aren't they all checked at the same place?

Burlington Dick's mentioned someone just started inputting all sales from last night into the system this morning and they don't expect to get approvals back by tomorrow or Monday.  Which I was kinda expecting this will be the case.  I don't mind the wait, we pay when we pick it up anyways.  Just glad the one I wanted was still in stock and got a banging deal as well.