DeeVeeEight

I may lose an inheritance rifle

Two yrs. ago I was involved in a domestic violence situation with my ex gf. She had me removed from our home on a restraining order and turned in a rifle and a Daisy BB gun to the police that I had inherited from my father because she was mad. I was acquitted. All of her charges were BS and she has moved out of the state, I am back in my home trying to get on with my life. I do not have a FID yet. I am in the process of trying to get one but the local PD is being difficult at best. I have a hearing for the rifle coming up next month. My lawyer tells me my only other option is to transfer ownership of the rifle by selling it, a Remington model 1903, .30 '06 to someone who holds a FID. 

I have a hearing for the disposition of this rifle and a Daisy BB gun coming up in Jan of 2014 in Camden County.

I would like to temporarily sell these guns to someone who is willing to help me, then buy them back at a later date if and when I get my FID.

You could try a local FFL or a family member who has a valid fid card.

I feel bad for you and would do it for you if you were my friend or family member but I don't know you. The person would have to absolve me of liability as well because god forbid my house burned down or the gun was stolen. Just things to think about in your quest.

Ps. Get the best lawyer you can.

You will need to get the FPID. The CCPO will hold the firearms until you do get it. Just make it known that you have applied and keep the Evidence Officer (Inv. Melissa Young?) up to date.

You will need to get the FPID. The CCPO will hold the firearms until you do get it. Just make it known that you have applied and keep the Evidence Officer (Inv. Melissa Young?) up to date.

Thank You. This January makes 2 years since the rifles were seized. I don't know if the CCPO is willing to extend it any more. I do have my lawyer working on it. All I know is I have been trying to do things within the guidelines that I am presented with and I am getting nowhere fast.

Do not allow the rifle to be transferred or sold or you are putting yourself at risk for losing your gun rights forever.

Read the text below:

http://www.evannappen.com/surprise-guns-taken-now-go-to-prison.html

Please fight this.  If your guns are not returned to you, then you will lose your gun rights forever.

Nappen's blog does not address the issue in the context of an acquittal on a domestic violence charge and the absence of a forfeiture proceeding and his comments are not germane to the facts presented above.

If your guns are not returned to you, then you will lose your gun rights forever.

I have seen the court order the destruction of the owner's guns, however, still allow him to acquire future firearms. Lawyer up.

Nappen's blog does not address the issue in the context of an acquittal on a domestic violence charge and the absence of a forfeiture proceeding and his comments are not germane to the facts presented above.

Not that it matters to me, personally, but are there stories/stats on the number of cases where a false accusation re: domestic violence was made, guns were seized, but the accused was subsequently acquitted (or charges never formally filed), but yet the guns were *not* returned, making the accused subject to this law (i.e. authorities simply wanted an excuse to "confiscate")?

Point being, if an "ex" wanted to be truly nasty....  :icon_evil:  (and please note: the aforementioned statement as being "gender generic...") :D

Do not allow the rifle to be transferred or sold or you are putting yourself at risk for losing your gun rights forever.

Read the text below:

http://www.evannappen.com/surprise-guns-taken-now-go-to-prison.html

Please fight this.  If your guns are not returned to you, then you will lose your gun rights forever.

Leave Jersey Now.

All problems solved. No stupid criminal charges, no rights lost. Can't think of a better time, there is nothing left for you in that horrible place but trouble. Wrap up your court business in Camden and merge onto Route 30 toward the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.