Howard

Huskies in the Snow

Beautiful dog. This snow was the first for my two rescue pups (5 months old) and we couldnt wait to see what they would do. They LOVED it! Was truly a lot of fun watching them run, eat it, play, eat it, wrestle, eat it....they typically chase each other at top speed anyway and was more hysterical seeing them do 10' wipeout slides lol!

Beautiful dog. This snow was the first for my two rescue pups (5 months old) and we couldnt wait to see what they would do. They LOVED it! Was truly a lot of fun watching them run, eat it, play, eat it, wrestle, eat it....they typically chase each other at top speed anyway and was more hysterical seeing them do 10' wipeout slides lol!

So why don't we get to see pictures of yours?  Come on, share!!!

Nope, their fur is like a thermos. It keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold -- but how does it know? They like to sun bathe on the blacktop driveway when it is 95 degrees our and lay on the ice in Feb when it's 5 degrees out.

My year and a half old German Shepherd was IN HEAVEN the first day when we got more snow.  When my boots shifted the snow and it made that sound he would FLIP OUT! chasing the snow coming off my feet as we walked running in circles and burying his nose trying to eat it.  Snow balls were a lot of fun too!  He had a blast.

Nope, their fur is like a thermos. It keeps hot stuff hot and cold stuff cold -- but how does it know? They like to sun bathe on the blacktop driveway when it is 95 degrees our and lay on the ice in Feb when it's 5 degrees out.

Sounds like my two Golden's who also love the snow! Sun bathe on blacktop and lay on the ice.

How do the Huskies do with their pads and snow?

Sounds like my two Golden's who also love the snow! Sun bathe on blacktop and lay on the ice.

How do the Huskies do with their pads and snow?

No problems with the pads at all.  I have had other dogs where the snow melts in there and they end up with ice clumps hanging, but not with these guys at all.

We have an issue with snow on the pads, and for the long hair version,a chest full of snowballs is common and comical.

Before every snowfall I try and trim the feet as tight as I can. And yesterday I went out and bought a high end Andis clipper to ease the job a bit.