Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

propane guy wonders what my plow is

So I have a snowsport HD plow on my truck with a winch mod that I rigged up. 

Yesterday the propane guy comes to give me a fillup and he seems to wonder what the heck the plow is.

I just found it humorous..,.it may not seem so to other folks...heh.

:43 I'll never get back lol. On a side note, what cam set up you using?

Yeah yeah, well, 43 seconds is a damn site better than some of the other crap I see on the internet that takes 45 seconds!

As for cameras,

I bought a zmodo ZMD-DT-SCN8 960H DVR for 99 bucks on Ebay.  I put in a spare 2tb hard drive I had that cost me about $65 on sale.

I then bought 2 Qsee 700TVL QM7008b cameras(36 leds), realized I needed more and bought two more 7007QMB (42 leds).    Ran the cables myself.  The cameras are about $50 each.   I also bought one LTS camera and even though it is 700tvl, the image quality isn't quite as good as the Qsee cams.

I'm all in for roughly $400 bucks.  It records motion, the video quality is pretty good and I can access it anywhere.

The most important thing was getting the 960H/700TVL cameras and the DVR that will actually record in 960h.  Most cheapo dvrs only record in D1 or lower. 

Yeah yeah, well, 43 seconds is a damn site better than some of the other crap I see on the internet that takes 45 seconds!

As for cameras,

I bought a zmodo ZMD-DT-SCN8 960H DVR for 99 bucks on Ebay.  I put in a spare 2tb hard drive I had that cost me about $65 on sale.

I then bought 2 Qsee 700TVL QM7008b cameras(36 leds), realized I needed more and bought two more 7007QMB (42 leds).    Ran the cables myself.  The cameras are about $50 each.   I also bought one LTS camera and even though it is 700tvl, the image quality isn't quite as good as the Qsee cams.

I'm all in for roughly $400 bucks.  It records motion, the video quality is pretty good and I can access it anywhere.

The most important thing was getting the 960H/700TVL cameras and the DVR that will actually record in 960h.  Most cheapo dvrs only record in D1 or lower. 

Cool. Hows the picture at night?

Cool. Hows the picture at night?

Not too bad...the LEDs light it up for a ways, and while you can't really pick out faces unless someone is within 20 feet, you can see people or whatever moving around 100+ feet away in zero ambient light.   When I or the neighbor has his outdoor lights on,  you can start to see detail on people.  It's not great, but it's not bad either.