Malsua

Coast G10 flashlight for $3.50

I recently purchased a Coast HP17 Flashlight, which is a pretty awesome flashlight which at 615 lumens  is very bright.   It will light up your entire yard at night.  It's like a mag light with 3 beam settings and uses D cells.  I'm very happy with it.

Anyway, in the package there was a survey for a free LED flashlight, just pay shipping and handling.

The survey is here: http://www.coastportland.com/surveyCC.php

What you get is a Coast G10 flashlight.  http://www.amazon.com/Coast-G10-LED-Flashlight/dp/B00AQ62D3U

Looks to be a $9 light.

It's an a black anodized aluminum case and it includes the battery.

Now, just for full disclosure, since my company markets a bunch of little flashlights, my wife laughed when she saw what it was. heh.  I get tons of cheapo keyring, penlight style flashlights that are manufacturing rejects...so me paying for another light is comical.

This however, is a very nice flashlight for $3.50!   It took about 6 weeks, but I've not been spammed or anything so while it's a name harvesting mechanism, it appears it's just an internal survey.

Oh and where it asks you where you purchased your coast product...Amazon..Mcmaster, Grainger, etc. is a suitable answer.

If your looking for a useful and inexpensive light, I can not top 3.50 BUT a friend of mine advised me of this light and I couldn't be happier.

Afunta 502B 1000 lumens flashlight with rechargable battery PLUS charger. 

This light has a High, Med,Low, Strobe, and SOS feature. 

I was looking at some $150+ stream lights for use in the prison.  Buddy sent me this, I will never own another light!!

Bright as hell, rechargeable and many features.  The same friend (member here) used this on his AR until his streamlight came in!! 

NOT BAD for under $20!  I love it and would buy it again and again.  Other guys in the prison ask me all the time DAMN where did you get the sun in a flashlight!  When I use this to search inmate rooms, I have to turn it to medium or low or it hurts my eyes.... Great for outdoors!!  There is a little pocket clip screwed on it thats not to great but it should fit any pouch for a light that size!

http://www.amazon.com/Afunta-WF-502B-Flashlight-Battery-Charger/dp/B00CYBX74E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388785250&sr=8-1&keywords=afunta+flashlight

EDIT: I don't think this light is actually a full 1000 lumens but it is bright as hell. 

I'm actually in the market for a good flashlight to keep in my truck just incase anything happens at night. I was using some cheapo led flashlight that might be useful for things up close but otherwise sucks. What do you guys have in mind for something to keep in truck? Don't mean to hijack.

Looking at the G10 anyway for pocket usage when I'm out at the gf's parents house in the woods.

I always have my personal flashlight, currently an Olight M10 Maverick, on me.  In my car is also stored an Olight i1 with spare CR123s.  I also have a white LED panel that runs off the 12v aux as my work light (or emergency strobe if I want).  I'm a fan of Olight and Fenix lights for good, relatively inexpensive flashlights.  A Maglite LED flashlight isn't necessarily a bad idea either, and the C/D cell versions make a handy club if needed...however, I wouldn't get anything that relies on a bulb anymore, the efficiency of any bulb-based, battery powered light is terrible compared to LEDs.

Also consider some kind of headlamp for keeping in a car, as you'll probably need both hands should you actually have to use a light stashed in your car or truck. 

If you get something that runs off AA batteries, get Lithium AAs - these will hold juice for supposedly 15+ years (pack I have in my desk here is "use by 2026") and they shouldn't leak like alkalines tend to after a while.