intercooler

cmp has loose ap

Since the original poster is silent, we'll all try to infer the code. Sort of like looking for binary strings in the Hebrew text of Leviticus :-)

Since the Greek (HXP) Garand food has been steadily available for years, I will assume he is referring to the Federal AP ammo at the bottom of the page (Federal 5.56mm XM855, http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/ammo.htm#federal762ammo the link is named incorrectly...)

For those of you with CMP quals (http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/eligibility.htm), it looks like they recently expanded their ammo order list to include Handgun ammo. that is new to me, I hadn't looked at the site at least 60 days until this little note made the hint. The bulk price for .45ACP Blazer is not bad (38.5 cents/round plus shipping). Note the comment at the top of the page about back orders. You may wait a long time, but heck I have had a back order for 9mm ammo in with Sportman's Guide for 12 months!

Note, the price increase on HXP M2 Ball, it is now $118/case plus shipping that is a 20% increase. Still way cheaper than commercial ammo but it does make reloading a bit more attractive. I have been reloading old HXP cases for a unit cost just under 50 cents a round.

XM855 is NOT armor piercing. Real AP rounds are still black tipped, as the old .30-06 rounds were

Since the original poster is silent, we'll all try to infer the code. Sort of like looking for binary strings in the Hebrew text of Leviticus :-)

Since the Greek (HXP) Garand food has been steadily available for years, I will assume he is referring to the Federal AP ammo at the bottom of the page (Federal 5.56mm XM855, http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/ammo.htm#federal762ammo the link is named incorrectly...)

For those of you with CMP quals (http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/eligibility.htm), it looks like they recently expanded their ammo order list to include Handgun ammo. that is new to me, I hadn't looked at the site at least 60 days until this little note made the hint. The bulk price for .45ACP Blazer is not bad (38.5 cents/round plus shipping). Note the comment at the top of the page about back orders. You may wait a long time, but heck I have had a back order for 9mm ammo in with Sportman's Guide for 12 months!

Note, the price increase on HXP M2 Ball, it is now $118/case plus shipping that is a 20% increase. Still way cheaper than commercial ammo but it does make reloading a bit more attractive. I have been reloading old HXP cases for a unit cost just under 50 cents a round.

From the CMP Sales update e-mail : I guess there was some old .30-06 AP ammo available, but as usual is gone in minutes....

.30-06 AP M2 METAL LINKED AMMUNITION.  The CMP had approximately 300 cans of .30-06 AP M2 LINKED ammunition for sale. Rounds are packed in rusty .30 cal cans, 250 rounds per can. Manufacturer varies. It appears that much of this ammo was not linked at time of manufacture, but at some later time. Some of the cans have U.S. manufacture (LC, FA, etc.), in same linked belt with Norwegian and other foreign manufacture rounds. Manufacture dates range from 1940 -1956.  All of this ammo should be considered as corrosive. Please note that the current 10 can annual limit for .30-06 ammo does NOT apply to this linked ammo. Customers are reminded to make sure that .30-06 AP ammo and linked ammo is legal in their State. Item number is 4C3006U217-250P. Price is $100 plus $11.95 S&H.  NOTE:  Unfortunately, before we could make changes to the description and send the sales announcement, it was spotted on the estore and sold out almost immediately. Anyone who placed an order because they expected something other than was described above should email[email protected] with cancellation instructions.

.30-06 AP M2 LOOSE AMMUNITION.

The CMP has approximately 3000 cans of .30-06 AP M2 ammunition for sale. Rounds are packed loose in rusty .30 cal cans, 200 rounds per can. Manufacturer varies, but most of the rounds are Norwegian (AYR headstamp) manufactured in 1956, Berdan primed.  Although the 1956 manufacture was reported as using non-corrosive primers, some of the rounds may have corrosive primers. Please note that the current 10 can annual limit for .30-06 ammo ALSO APPLIES to the AP ammo. Limit is not 10 cans each of AP and 10 cans each of regular M2 ball, but 10 cans total between the two NLUs. Customers are reminded to make sure that .30-06 AP ammo is legal in their state. Item number is 4C3006XAP-200. Price is $125 plus $11.95 S&H.  NOTE: Anyone who placed an order because they expected something other than was described above should email[email protected] with cancellation instructions.

Read about as clear as the official sign at work: "Sally has the yellow pads."

What the sign meant was that there was a shortage of yellow legal pads and "management" gave them all to Sally so she could dole them out. Don't even ask what questions Sally received for days...