I just bought a Browning Buckmark .22lr pistol. I thought I read the manual thoroughly before taking it out.

I've shot it twice, about 350 rounds total. It's more accurate than me, but I rarely get through a magazine without a failure to fire or failure to fully eject.

Should I have dipped it in molten Crisco before taking it out? Could it be the magazine? I'm sure it's not the ammo, as I've tried several brands, including quality CCI.

I had the same problem with my new Sig p238. After reading somewhere that that gun has had magazine problems, I purchased a new mag and it works perfectly. Not one FTF/FTE since. Sig has since replaced the original mag.

Just a couple of items to check.  These are from my reference notes others have posted on other boards.

Check the ejector wire -- it needs to be up and inward in the groove in the slide to hit the rim properly on extraction.

Have you checked the rear sight rail screw? If it comes even a bit loose, you will have problems with extraction/ejection.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=236337

Buckmarks are a funny lot.  Run like Swiss watches or have problems.  Good point is Browning makes them right.

Out of curiosity, what specific ammo have you tried?  My S&W 22A dislikes hyper velocity ammo and will not eject properly when using ammo like CCI Stingers, and of course will not cycle some subsonic rounds. 

I assume you cleaned and lubed the gun before its first use?

The only issue I had with my Buckmark is when I tried Remington thunderbolts. Leaded up the rifling right where the bullet gets loaded. First time thought it was a fluke, second time was the last straw. They do seem to work ok in my MP 15/22, go figure? I have almost no issues with the CCI's in the BM.

The only issue I had with my Buckmark is when I tried Remington thunderbolts. Leaded up the rifling right where the bullet gets loaded. First time thought it was a fluke, second time was the last straw. They do seem to work ok in my MP 15/22, go figure? I have almost no issues with the CCI's in the BM.

Thunderbolts don't even cycle properly through my S&W 617, a revolver. Excessive leading. Huge problem. I have 2 boxes left, if anyone would like to buy them.

I have the a buckmark and i have to shoot high velocity ammo or i get ftf fte with cheap standard velocity ammo. CCI works well as do most high velocity cartridges  i have used.

I have used CCI mini-mag, as well as bulk Remington ammo. Unfortunately, no difference. I get 2-3 FTEs per 10-round magazine regardless.

I get 1-3 FTEs, and about 1 FEF in every magazine. What's perplexing is when it shoots and ejects, I can get 1/2 inch groups at 15 yards. You may not think that's astounding but for me it's tremendous. Then I press and nothing happens...

Out of curiosity, what specific ammo have you tried?  My S&W 22A dislikes hyper velocity ammo and will not eject properly when using ammo like CCI Stingers, and of course will not cycle some subsonic rounds. 

I assume you cleaned and lubed the gun before its first use?

CCI minimag, and a variety of bulk *but high quality* ammo. I'm beginning to think that it's a magazine problem.

Just a couple of items to check.  These are from my reference notes others have posted on other boards.

Check the ejector wire -- it needs to be up and inward in the groove in the slide to hit the rim properly on extraction.

Have you checked the rear sight rail screw? If it comes even a bit loose, you will have problems with extraction/ejection.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=236337

Buckmarks are a funny lot.  Run like Swiss watches or have problems.  Good point is Browning makes them right.

Thanks. I will check all of the above and report back to you. 

What pisses me off: I have two Makarov pistols, an E. German and a CZ82. I've shot at least 1200 rounds through them and NEVER had a FTF or FTE. And they're at least as accurate as the Buckmark. 

No if it was used I was going to suggest maybe gunk in the extrator and bolt face but new it should not be a problem. Sorry I would contact browning and see what they say but try a good cleaning in case there is some milling debris or something like that can't hurt anything. It might also be a break in issue sdome guns need a few hundred rounds before they work nice nad smooth but looking at the fact you have 350 through it that shoud not be the problem

Make sure that where the bullet brass is chambered is clean of debris and is lubricated.  If I start to get some FTF or FTE's, I put a tiny bit of oil on the feed ramp and in the chamber and that seems to solve that problem.  Also if you had ever used any cheap bullets (such as the Thunderbolts) make sure there is no lead build up right where the bullet head is chambered.  Mine got badly leaded with those in less than 150 rounds.

Do you have wood grips? If so check and see if the inside of the grip is making the loading button drag. Happened to me and problem went away when I relieved the inside of the grip. Also had issues when the rear hex screw for breakdown loosened up during use. I carry proper size now and check before each session.

I had had that issue with my Buckmark a few years ago - it turned out to be a faulty magazine.  Browning had sent me two new (well, used... new to me, though) and have rarely had any FTE/FTF.  Normally use either CCI Mini-Mags or Federal Game Shok, both HV rounds.

Another poster is correct - keep an eye on the rear screw of the sight base, it does get loose a LOT.