302w

Cellphone repair

Has anyone used any cellphone repair shops with any success? I cracked the glass on my S3. T-Mobile wants $150, and I can buy the glass for less than $10 but I don't want to risk it myself. I'm looking for a store not run by thieves.

YouTube is full of step-by-step tutorials on DIY phone repair. I've done two glass replacements, camera replacement & battery in a few different iPhones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1.  Hey if you can take apart a gun you can easily do this.

I suspect a lot of the mall kiosk cracked screen repair people are literally trained off youtube videos. I know someone who brought in an ipad with a cracked screen to the kiosk in Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, and it stopped working after they replaced the screen. But they had him exchange it at the Apple store under warranty, and he ended up with a brand new one (so make sure you back up your device before having any repair attempted).

Friend of mine had her screen replaced at a place called cell phone doctor in Howell. Front camera no longer works and it randomly drops calls. They told her she's SOL because she signed a waiver. The guy didn't charge her for the "repair" though

There was a big article listing places to get it fixed and the cost in today's Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_email/SB10001424052702304757004579334662510294376-lMyQjAxMTA0MDIwMjEyNDIyWj

The link above is only good for seven days, so act quickly :)

I pasted the table below but don't know how long that will last.

BN-BE595_CRANKY_G_20140121222001.jpg