Sign in to follow this  
Rick_F

Looking for Vortex Viper PST- any deals floating around?

Rick

Check on the Brian Enos forum. I know I've seen a few on there. I don't know if they were exactly what you're looking for. I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff on there and it's always super high quality stuff.

Good luck.

Jan

I'm just compelled to say this...Look at Sightron.   I have a 4X16 you are welcome to look at and am getting a 8X32.

Very clear glass, nice choice of reticles and target turrets.

Doesn't say "Vortex"  Just says"hit your target".

Just got my Vortex Viper PST FFP in from Camera Land's "demo" model sale.  Over $200 off MSRP and it literally looks brand spanking new.  

Came with all packaging, battery, shims, covers, etc... none of the baggies were even opened.   Tempted to buy another!

How did you make out?

I didn't "pull the trigger" yet.  I plan on mounting a scope to my Ruger Scout Rifle.  I'm trying to figure out how bad the cheek weld would be with a 50mm objective.  I have an XS Rail to mount in the traditional position, but the rail extends forward past the objective, so it will require very high rings to fit.  Fitment would be similar to a flattop AR.  I have a scope with a 42mm objective now, and there looks to be 2-3mm clearance now with Leupold high QD rings.  Cheek weld is fine with this set-up, but I'm not sure if 50mm is too much with high rings.  I was also thinking about the 2.5-10x scope, but that only in FFP.  Most of my shooting will be bullseye paper-punching, so it's possible the FFP will become too thick on higher magnification.  I would look at the SFP model, but it lacks side focus.  Does anyone have any additional recommendations?  I want an illuminated reticle for no other reason than I want it.

FYI I ended up picking up a 4-16x FFP from Camera Land.  They answered a few questions via email very quickly and courteously, and I expect this to be a seamless transaction.

Nice! Did you pick up a "demo" model?

Let me know how yours arrives. I literally couldn't see how mine was a demo. Everything was still wrapped and sealed as if new.

Nice! Did you pick up a "demo" model?

Let me know how yours arrives. I literally couldn't see how mine was a demo. Everything was still wrapped and sealed as if new.

I did in fact order a "demo."  I think offering "demo models" is a way for them to work around MAP pricing.  Very nice people so far.  According to Fedex, it will arrive today too.  Not bad for ordering free ground shipping late in the afternoon yesterday.