Sign in to follow this  
pbkid6974

Sig M11-A1

Sorry for my ignorance,  but is that a hollow stamped steel trigger on there?

if you're referring to the first pic. no it's just a reflection off the case and some leftover oil on the back of the trigger. good eye though i didn't even see that until you said something

Nice!  I have my eye on the M11-A1.   Just keep holding out for A true P228, I really want A P228 to add to my other Sigs.

i want one too or one of the M11Bs, but i'm not that lucky. this is more like a 229 than a 228 though. it is really nice tho. i didn't like it at first but i gave it a second chance and it felt better. i went back to the store like 3 or 4 times and it just kept growing on me. its my first sig and my first 9mm. hopefully it will perform like the ones i've read about during my research.

i want one too or one of the M11Bs, but i'm not that lucky. this is more like a 229 than a 228 though. it is really nice tho. i didn't like it at first but i gave it a second chance and it felt better. i went back to the store like 3 or 4 times and it just kept growing on me. its my first sig and my first 9mm. hopefully it will perform like the ones i've read about during my research.

Your right its A frankensig. but still a sig!     I am hunting for A 228 high and low to go with my Sp2022, P226

You know they are left overs for the public after the government decided they didn't want/need them anymore and supposedly, when the last are gone, they will make no more?

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

You know they are left overs for the public after the government decided they didn't want/need them anymore and supposedly, when the last are gone, they will make no more?

interesting......

Sorry for my ignorance,  but is that a hollow stamped steel trigger on there?

Wow it really does look that way.

if you're referring to the first pic. no it's just a reflection off the case and some leftover oil on the back of the trigger. good eye though i didn't even see that until you said something

Good to hear that it isn't.

which are you talking about? the M11-A1? the A1 is basically a 229 with phosphate parts on the inside and the SRT trigger. the M11B is the one that was made for the govt. that they decided they didnt want. but because the contract stated they cant sell the M11 to the public they just added a B to the roll stamp and and the were allowed to sell them. there were only 50 made that way. the 228 is the civilian version of the M11. it doesnt have the phosphate internals. the M11, M11B and 228 only have 13 round mags while the M11-A1 has the 15 rounds of the 229.

Ok, ok, you got me. Just testing ya... Wanted to see if I could get you ruffled a tad... Good luck with it. :)

which are you talking about? the M11-A1? the A1 is basically a 229 with phosphate parts on the inside and the SRT trigger. the M11B is the one that was made for the govt. that they decided they didnt want. but because the contract stated they cant sell the M11 to the public they just added a B to the roll stamp and and the were allowed to sell them. there were only 50 made that way. the 228 is the civilian version of the M11. it doesnt have the phosphate internals. the M11, M11B and 228 only have 13 round mags while the M11-A1 has the 15 rounds of the 229.

Ok, ok, you got me. Just testing ya... Wanted to see if I could get you ruffled a tad... Good luck with it. :)

i do my research before i buy anything. and while a 1 of 50 M11B does sound sweet, i'll never be able to afford one. i heard the last few on GB went for like $5-6000. and sig just let them go for $1000 MSRP each to the dealers that wanted them. i bet some guys bought them and didn't even know what they got because sig didn't advertise them at all from what i can gather. i wish i could be that lucky once in a while...

now the only issue i have is finding more 229-1 mags for under $50. it does look like sig stopped producing them for some reason...

I heard from my trooper friend that they're finally talking about replacing there 228's. Once that happens surplus should be easy to come by for a while.

Don't hold your breath on this one. When the NJSP retired their HK P7M8, before they went the route of the SW99 and eventually the Sig P228, the then AG decided to store these instead of selling out on the market. My bet that this time around, Anti NJ will not be open to providing us peons with the opportunity to purchase these fine pistols...

http://hkp7.com/NJSP.htm

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/reports/042003GUNS.html

April 20, 2003

Cops attack gun availability, yet recycle own weapons

Several traded-in N.J. police guns have been connected to crimes

By MICHAEL DIAMOND, Special Reports Unit, (609) 272-7227, E-Mail

and JOHN FROONJIAN, Special Reports Unit, (609) 272-7273, E-Mail

....... blah, blah, blah, stupidity, stupidity

Uneasy over crimes committed with former police guns, some departments have financially bit the bullet and have foregone the discounts that come with trades. 

Eighteen months ago, when the N.J. State Police purchased new guns, former Attorney General John Farmer decided not to let the old guns back onto the market.

More than 3,000 former State Police guns are being warehoused in a state-owned building somewhere in New Jersey until they are melted down.

Don't hold your breath on this one. When the NJSP retired their HK P7M8, before they went the route of the SW99 and eventually the Sig P228, the then AG decided to store these instead of selling out on the market. My bet that this time around, Anti NJ will not be open to providing us peons with the opportunity to purchase these fine pistols...

and now we know another reason why our state is so damn far in debt.

on a lighter note... i love this pistol. right out of the box 150 flawless rounds down the tube yesterday at EFGA. the D/S action trigger will take some getting used to but that will come with time. now its time to search out some decently priced ammo and really put her through her paces.

Have u handled an E2 P229?  Despite having larger hands, I really like mine with those grips.  I believe all the newer SIG models have the revised bits to be able to swap the grips with no other parts required.

Im pretty sure the e2 grip kit comes with the internals you need for the swap. Im thinking about doing it because they do feel thinner. Only thing that's stopped me is $130 price tag.

Im pretty sure the e2 grip kit comes with the internals you need for the swap. Im thinking about doing it because they do feel thinner. Only thing that's stopped me is $130 price tag.

I highly doubt you will need the new internals.  Odds are, they are already installed on your pistol as they were revised for all new models, regardless of grip.  You will only need the E2 grip, and maybe the tool to help you install it.  Also, I think the price is only like $70 for the kit if necessary.  Take yours off and compare to some online pics to see if they are updated.

I just did the E2 grips and SRT myself on my P226. The kit comes with 4 parts and really couldn't be any simpler. You use the same hammer spring and replace the hammer strut and the seat. The tool that is also included is used to help you get the grips off of the frame when need be. You also replace the decocker lever with the new provided one, Im assuming this has to do with the clearance of the grips.

The hardest part is getting the actual E2 grip over the Trigger bar spring and the decocker.

The new strut lowers the spring down further on the grip of the gun allowing it to be closer to the frame and therefore facilitate the smaller grips. 

I found the length of pull to the trigger was one of the best improvements with this, Combined with the SRT its a win/win

Parts

Photo2014-02-21023838PM.jpg

Before

IMG_0077.jpg

After

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

I ordered a new P229 classic .22 about a year back.  When it arrived it had the old style grips on it even though per SIG, it was supposed to have the E2 grips.  SIG's excellent customer service was nice enough to send me the kit for free along with the .357 conversion kit I purchased from them.  I went to install the new parts, and as I took off the grips I noticed the new hammer parts were already installed, so all I needed to do was pop on the new grip.