Sign in to follow this  
OchoBlue

Why does the NRA contribute to Sweeney???

They haven't contributed since 2009 it seems. He was A rated and then last year suddenly became a big time gun grabber. He was downgraded to D. He used to even support CCW even though he denies it now. 

What puzzles me is why NSSF is contributing to him. Maybe THAT one could be explained by fuddery. 

Check this out, he's clearly changed his mind on a few things:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/02/sweeney_proud_of_his_change_of_heart_on_ammo_magazine_limit.html#incart_flyout_politics

The NJOA (New Jersey Outdoor Alliance) endorsed him this election year as a great "friend of Sportsmen". That cost them a lot of membership renewals this year. They also endorsed Senator Norcross. They claim their reasons are because they wouldn't have wanted Loretta (anti) Weinberg to take the Senate leader position. Not that it matters now in my opinion they may as well be the same person. Both are the same enemy of legal gun owners.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

He was pro gun when it got him votes in his rural district filled with hunters.  Now he wants votes from the communist part of NJ to be governor so he's switched his ideals.   Truth is he never had any - he was playing us just like he's playing the gun grabbers now.  Like most politicians, he is in it for himself.

He was pro gun when it got him votes in his rural district filled with hunters. Now he wants votes from the communist part of NJ to be governor so he's switched his ideals. Truth is he never had any - he was playing us just like he's playing the gun grabbers now. Like most politicians, he is in it for himself.

If we can't convince the gun grabbers why they are wrong for thinking the way they do, we could at least try to open their eyes to how he's playing the game and how he might fain to see eye-to-eye with them today but if it'll benefit him down the road he will drop them like a hot potato. And for that reason they should NOT vote for him (we already know we aren't going to).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2!!! We don't want anything south of 78... :lol:

Would it really matter, though? Isn't Ms. Weinberg in the 37th Leg. district (Ft. Lee, Englewood, etc.)?  If you figure that she'd probably replace Sweeney as Senate Pres. :facepalm:

Ok we'll say keep anything below the Raritan river as the state of south Jersey. I would love living in the state of Morris, Sussex, Warren, & Hunterton. I rarely leave these county's anyway. We can call it "good Jersey". Pretty much all Republican here. My entire town is republican run. Its worked here for years.

Ok we'll say keep anything below the Raritan river as the state of south Jersey. I would love living in the state of Morris, Sussex, Warren, & Hunterton. I rarely leave these county's anyway. We can call it "good Jersey". Pretty much all Republican here. My entire town is republican run. Its worked here for years. Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

I think some NY counties near the border would love to join. I say we let Essex, Hudson, part of Bergen, Westchester, Suffolk, and NYC form their own utopia and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

I think some NY counties near the border would love to join. I say we let Essex, Hudson, part of Bergen, Westchester, Suffolk, and NYC form their own utopia and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

works for me. Better give them half of Union & most of Passaic county also except west Milford and Wayne, guess we will have to take pompton lakes and Buttler by default, Kinnelon is ok too. We'll take Orange county right off the bat. How do we start the secession process?:D

Ok we'll say keep arepublicanng below the Raritan river as the state of south Jersey. I would love living in the state of Morris, Sussex, Warren, & Hunterton. I rarely leave these county's anyway. We can call it "good Jersey". Pretty much all Republican here. My entire town is republican run. Its worked here for years.

I hate to break the news to you but Ocean and Monmouth counties are very solidly republican.

Toms River is the County Seat (ocean) and has a solid republican voting record.

I know that already, here is the demographic map of the state: according to the map, Ocean county is Pineys-Pineys everywhere. I didn't think that meant liberals liberals everywhere. :lol:

**Disclaimer** I did not make this map, and its content dosent reflect my personal views on our state. It's views are to be taken in humor only.

post-7008-139333872269_thumb.jpg

I know that already, here is the demographic map of the state: Ocean county is Pineys-Pineys everywhere, I didn't think that meant liberals liberals everywhere. :lol: Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

I guess that was supposed to be funny.  Regardless, I am neither a "Piney" nor a Liberal.  I am a constitutional conservative living in Ocean county.

It may be hard to understand, but there are many of us down here. 

I guess that was supposed to be funny. Regardless, I am neither a "Piney" nor a Liberal. I am a constitutional conservative living in Ocean county.

It may be hard to understand, but there are many of us down here.

Yes funny only. I have no issues with south Jersey or the people in that portion of our state. Except maybe Trenton, Camden, & AC. I'm happy we have ocean county in our state, and the good people that live there. I have many friends and a good amount of family in S.Jersey. I don't feel where I live is superior to anyplace else. I was busting your balls. You have to admit that map made you laugh a little bit.

Yes funny only. I have no issues with south Jersey or the people in that portion of our state. Except maybe Trenton, Camden, & AC. I'm happy we have ocean county in our state, and the good people that live there. I have many friends and a good amount of family in S.Jersey. I don't feel where I live is superior to anyplace else. I was busting your balls. You have to admit that that map made you laugh a little bit.

Yea, you are right, I did get a chuckle out of the map ;)  I saw it somewhere before a long time ago and forgot about it!

looks like a form letter. and doesn't say that they support or not support it.  plus the fact that it wasn't released from committee, and he pretty much gets anything he wants put through committee shows the truth right there.  

FWIW, this is what pro-2A Sweeney used to look like (not my pic/letter)

BhRhH9_IIAAerzx.jpg