checko

Legality question

So I got a guy calling my job here for an employee, most likely a bill collector. He is tying up all lines so no incoming or outgoing calls can be made. What the hell can I do with this? Its a retail businesses so I need my phone lines.

Yell at him to get the F off your line. Its a business, stop calling u piece of Sh*t.

let him talk to the employee

Just say he doesn't work there.

I didn't think collection agents were allowed to call a debtor's work number once informed it was a work number?

Yup. Did all those.

I had that happen here and I told them "the person you are looking for is not allowed to receive personal phone calls here this is a place of business, you are no longer permitted to call here" I got one more call and they stated that the number was the only one they had as a. Good contact... I told them the same thing in a more aggressive tone, and explained thats not my problem... they apologized and removed the number as a contact...I never heard from them again...

Also start recording the calls... Start by saying "this call is being recorded... You are not permitted to call here.. And then mention the link I gave you" as arrogant as they are it will probably stop it...

Or man up and tell said employee to handle his finances... Put it in him to resolve this mess... Since he is causing the problem... Not the debt collector...

troll them...f*ck with them until they hang up on you and they'll never call again. Do it once and it should work.

Or block the number with your phone company. I know fios you can block numbers online.

I trolled him bad and he kept coming back. We needed a police report to block the number. We started that process but I'm sure he'll just use another #. Local smokey said he's gonna call them from the PD head shed and see what he can do.

troll them...f*ck with them until they hang up on you and they'll never call again. Do it once and it should work.

Or block the number with your phone company. I know fios you can block numbers online.

Some providers require a court order to block a number. I had an issue with a persistent caller calling my home number a few years ago. Tried to have AT&T block the incoming number and was told I'd need a court order to do that. My solution was to be terminate the number. Obviously not a solution for an established business.

I trolled him bad and he kept coming back. We needed a police report to block the number. We started that process but I'm sure he'll just use another #. Local smokey said he's gonna call them from the PD head shed and see what he can do.

Every time you see the number come up, pick up and hang up right away. I do this with telemarketers and they stop calling eventually.

Since you have informed them that this is a business by law they HAVE TO stop.like Vlad said, start recording the calls if you can, but definitely keep a log of the calls. when you find out more info on them, you can take them to court, I believe its up at $475. penalty (payable to your company) per call from the time you asked them to stop.

Since you have informed them that this is a business by law they HAVE TO stop.like Vlad said, start recording the calls if you can, but definitely keep a log of the calls. when you find out more info on them, you can take them to court, I believe its up at $475. penalty (payable to your company) per call from the time you asked them to stop.

I'll be honest, I don't have the time or resources to record and log every single phone call (Which I estimate is nearing 1000)  The police are involved so I'll see where this takes us.  

Would involve backpages and craigslist, free stuff, and no-strings-attached "adult" activities :rofl:

Brilliant.  It'd be a shame if someone were to do that. ;)