deerpark

Have any experience with credit card payments ie "merchant services"?

In the last two years, I've been through three providers.  FDMS is anti-gun so I switched to the NRA endorsed Payment Alliance International.  PAI sucked because their risk department had way too much power over operations.  I was harassed weekly for invoices and tracking numbers for online orders.  They held my batches and stifled my cash flow during the busiest time in the history of the firearms industry.  I switched away from them to Transnational and have been with TN for the last year.  They're very responsive to customer service needs, saved me money, and are 100% gun friendly (most of the higher ups are gun guys).  If you'd like, I can PM you the contact info for the guy to talk to.

i used PNC bank for several years and was always happy with them till they starting charging me a fee. Shop around, check your current bank to see what they offer. How much volume of sales will you be doing? I own a small business and deal mostly with Municipal agencies so did very little credit card trasactions. I've been using Square for the past 2 years and has worked well since there is no monthly fee.

I've used several of these companies ... Honestly can not recommend any of them ...

The only thing I can recommend is that you read EVERY single line of that contract. Question everything !!! Make sure u know all the transaction, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly fees . Maintenance fees. This and that fees. Sun is too bright fees . War in Ukraine fees. Taliban fees. I've seen it all ....

I have Elavon through Costco for a different business I own. Their rates are cheap but the people working there are idiots. I had a problem a couple of years ago when my debit card pin pad stopped working, it had power but wasn't able to communicate to the terminal any longer. After rebooting everything, having them do updates on their end, buying a new pin pad, it still wasn't working. Eventually I complained enough to some upper level managers and got them to give me a new terminal and pin pad, that ended up solving the problem. Best as I can tell, the cause was some update they had done that caused my original pin pad to stop working.

I don't remember the name of the company I use for my gun business, but their rates are also reasonable. I can check on that tomorrow.

I don't know what kind of store you have or whatnot, but I use Quickbooks for my records as well as taking payments. They offer a card reader that can be used with a phone/ipad/tablet etc

How are their rates ???

Fair. I think its 2.3% plus 30 cents per transaction. Or you can pay a fee something like $30 a month and the fees are lower

FYI but QB is Intuit which is pretty anti-gun. You'll want to be careful as they can can your account and hold your batches for months.