Melgamatic

S&W 357 revolver in stock? RTSP?

I want to buy an S&W 357 revolver.  Normally I'd buy it online, but I'm not quite sure what I want so I want to feel a few guns in person and buy one that feels great.  

I just went over to Rahway Guild, but they had NO S&W 357 revolvers (nor Ruger).

Who will have a few different models in stock?  RTSP?  Somewhere in the top half of NJ...

I think I want 8 rounds (maybe 7) and a 4-5" barrel, but need to hold them to figure out which.  I'd love to have it moon clip capable.

So, where should I go?

You can see RTSP's stock here:

http://store.rtsponline.com/revolvers-smith-and-wesson

They seem to have a couple, but none that fit your parameters (note there's another S&W 586 in the used section). While recently shopping for one, I was surprised that 357s don't seem to be widely stocked, at least not at the stores I visited.

I've been looking for a 627 Performance Center or one of the new 986 Pro Series revolvers too.

Shore Shot had a 986 the other day, but why the 986? Why not wait for a 929 you get 8 shots instead of 7 much better if you are shooting USPSA. I saw a 929 on GB the other day it was up to $1600. and had a few days left.

S&W wheel guns are hard to get right now......that's why you're not seeing them in stock, when they do come in, they sell fairly quickly.

I do have a Ruger GP100 .357 mag stainless with a 5" barrel in stock if anyone is interested.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/2627-ruger-gp100-stainless-5-barrel-357-magnum/

I want to buy an S&W 357 revolver. Normally I'd buy it online, but I'm not quite sure what I want so I want to feel a few guns in person and buy one that feels great.

I just went over to Rahway Guild, but they had NO S&W 357 revolvers (nor Ruger).

Who will have a few different models in stock? RTSP? Somewhere in the top half of NJ...

I think I want 8 rounds (maybe 7) and a 4-5" barrel, but need to hold them to figure out which. I'd love to have it moon clip capable.

So, where should I go?

I bought the last ruger gp100 in 4.2 from RTSP on Sunday.... Sorry

They had a gp100 in 6 inch.

which sw 357 you looking for exactly. I can source them with alittle notice.

It turned out I was looking for something like a 627.  However, I bought one on GB after trying a few local stores and I'll have it tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks, Dave