Well im in the military and have certain mags i will not discuss on the forum. Looking to pin 7 mags.

Looks like you already started discussing them. I went into the military in 1967 and retired in 2009. I also spent over 30 years as a LEO. Almost all of it was as an investigator for a Federal agency. There are two ways you can legally possess, say 30 rd AR mags, in NJ. One is they belong to the government and you're possessing them where they say its okay. State law has no impact on what the military does. The other way is you were authorized to buy them from your own funds and you have a letter from your commander stating this. No other options I can think of.

I know you're smart enough to know modifying government mags is misappropriation of government property. Punishable under state law if you're National Guard or under Federal law or the UCMJ if Reserves.

Not trying to rain on your parade just trying to help you stay out of trobule.

Looks like you already started discussing them. I went into the military in 1967 and retired in 2009. I also spent over 30 years as a LEO. Almost all of it was as an investigator for a Federal agency. There are two ways you can legally possess, say 30 rd AR mags, in NJ. One is they belong to the government and you're possessing them where they say its okay. State law has no impact on what the military does. The other way is you were authorized to buy them from your own funds and you have a letter from your commander stating this. No other options I can think of.

I know you're smart enough to know modifying government mags is misappropriation of government property. Punishable under state law if you're National Guard or under Federal law or the UCMJ if Reserves.

Not trying to rain on your parade just trying to help you stay out of trobule.

I

HATE

NJ

It rains every day on the 2nd Amendment. 

Thanks for the input. But on base the only mags sold are "you know what rounders"

It's a sad state of affairs in today's military when a soldier has to buy extra magazines. I've always been able to get just about as many magazines I wanted when deployed somewhere.

IANAL but if you were to get caught with those magazines off post you can get arrested. You can use being in the military as a defense whether you're AD or Reserves.

The easiest way to avoid problems is to modify them on Ft Dix (where NJ law only applies if they want to). The other option is to mail them from Ft Dix, where you legally possess them, to a NJ FFL to be modified. I can't see any way you can get in trobule that way.

It's a sad state of affairs in today's military when a soldier has to buy extra magazines. I've always been able to get just about as many magazines I wanted when deployed somewhere.

IANAL but if you were to get caught with those magazines off post you can get arrested. You can use being in the military as a defense whether you're AD or Reserves.

The easiest way to avoid problems is to modify them on Ft Dix (where NJ law only applies if they want to). The other option is to mail them from Ft Dix, where you legally possess them, to a NJ FFL to be modified. I can't see any way you can get in trobule that way.

Well there are shops inside the px that sell new and used mags. But due to the fact that its a military base they are all 30rds and 20rds. Pmags,colt,Okay industries. No NJ compliant mags

All we ever got was a clothing allowance. The PX didn't offer mags or 782 gear for sale. Just junk food. 

The only way you had to pay for issued gear is if you lost it. You NEVER bought it... you only reimbursed for it.

Well there are shops inside the px that sell new and used mags. But due to the fact that its a military base they are all 30rds and 20rds. Pmags,colt,Okay industries. No NJ compliant mags

I use the facilities at Dix all time and have never seen mags for sale but then again I never looked for them. I guess you're talking about those shops in the mall between the PX and the Food Court and Commissary.

Federal facilities are not subject to state law anywhere. Thats why they can sell normal capacity mags. Th.ey most likely have the magazines shipped to them at Dix so they can circumvent NJ law. Nothing illegal going on here.