wink-_-wink

I'm sorry.... Charged with WHAT!?

I know these guys werent supposed to have guns but what was that first thing they were charged with?  Maybe I am reading this wrong or maybe it was bad editing....

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/08/convicted_felons_arrested_after_being_found_with_assault_rifle_in_newark_authorities_say.html#incart_river

"were each charged with possession of an assault weapon"

Edit:  LOL 28 live .223 rounds!!! TWENTY EIGHT!  lol thats less than what would full a STANDARD CAPACITY non NJ magazine..... GRRR

Garcia has spent time behind bars for aggravated assault, weapons possession and making terroristic threats, according to judicial records, while Hamilton’s record includes convictions for drug distribution, conspiracy and hindering prosecution.

These guys are 30 and 23. Their convictions are probably a small fraction of the number of their arrests. Why were they let out?

Prediction: They'll serve a couple of years, be let out again, and get arrested for much more serious offenses soon thereafter. People like these are the bread and butter of the judicial system. They have as much chance of rehabilitating as I have of growing a second penis. A big, strong one. 

I know these guys werent supposed to have guns but what was that first thing they were charged with?  Maybe I am reading this wrong or maybe it was bad editing....

http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/08/convicted_felons_arrested_after_being_found_with_assault_rifle_in_newark_authorities_say.html#incart_river

"were each charged with possession of an assault weapon"

Edit:  LOL 28 live .223 rounds!!! TWENTY EIGHT!  lol thats less than what would full a STANDARD CAPACITY non NJ magazine..... GRRR

Do you know that it wasn't an "Assault Weapon"?

Inside, they found a Bushmaster Carbon AR-15 rifle, a high-capacity magazine for the gun, a semi-automatic .40 caliber Hi-point JCP pistol and 28 live .223 caliber rounds, according to authorities.

What am I supposed to be outraged about? I agree thee nation of the bullets adds diddly to the story, but it's not like they were arrested for legitimate reasons.

Assault rifle?

as·sault ri·fle
noun
a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.

Bushmaster Carbon 15?  Not likely.  

Then again...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/587974/bushmaster-carbon-15-airsoft-rifle-6mm-electric-semi-full-automatic-polymer-black

I am at a loss as to where the OPs confusion is as well.

Yes. We all know the true definition of Assault Rifle. It is completely different to the actual definition by a large factor - that being the ability for select fire.

However, the NJ legal definition is what it is, even if it is "technically" incorrect.

Look at what NJ calls a short barreled rifle. Just because they call it a "sawed-off shotgun" doesn't make it any less illegal to own in NJ.