Howard

Scored at the Museum that sells stuff

On my drive back from North Carolina I stopped at a wonderful "Museum" on Route 78 that sells stuff.  This place could fit several Home Depots inside, simply amazing.  Never been there, but I would say it is worth a trip.  They had a rare item on sale, .22LR - lots of it, but limited to one box per customer - so the wife and I each bought one.  Here are two crappy iPhone shots:

Inside:

15157891111_2d4c22beae_c_d.jpg

Outside:

15137854006_68135f260c_c_d.jpg

It's a destination isn't it!

What brand was the 22lr and how much was it?

They had American Eagle 38 grain copper-plated HP.  A brick of 400 was $23.99, which came out to 6 cents a round.

We're almost 3 hours from Hamburg so it was a 2x a year trip for us and always a big event.

Now we have a mini-Cabelas right over the bridge in Delaware.  I can be there in 30 minutes...and I am...a lot.

Took the big trip to the big Cabela's a few weeks ago and it wasn't nearly as amazing or as fun.

I wandered into a Cabela's in Missouri during a cross country trek about 9 years ago.  It was an incredible experience for a Jersey boy.  They had a huge freaking pond inside to test drive fly fishing gear.  The gun racks were on the floor and you could actually touch them without getting yelled at.  I had no idea thee was still that much freedom left in America. 

bricks used to be 500 rounds. I have a brick of 22lr in my closet that has to be 15 years old. got them at tanners in PA . $9.95 500 rounds

I remember 29 cent a gallon gas too :)  Prices change, and 6 cents is not a bad price.

I too was shocked as I walked in and saw racks of long guns with customers just taking them down and handling them without a sales person and without having an FID on a counter.  I was even more shocked to see rows of shelves with ammo with no counter where you could just go out an pick the boxes that you wanted.  Just a little different than in New Jermany.

I wandered into a Cabela's in Missouri during a cross country trek about 9 years ago.  It was an incredible experience for a Jersey boy.  They had a huge freaking pond inside to test drive fly fishing gear.  The gun racks were on the floor and you could actually touch them without getting yelled at.  I had no idea thee was still that much freedom left in America. 

Frank's Gun Shop in Gloversville NY is like that. Great shop if you're ever in the area.