Krdshrk

Dick's Sporting Goods Black Friday Deals

I'm heading to Dicks Thursday around 4pm the doors open at 5. I want that 64 gun safe. Its on the door buster list. Mrs. Deer Slayer is pissed I will not be attending thanksgiving in Bernerdsville at her uncle & his husband's house. I would rather wait on line at a store I hate than sit through dinner with two flaming liberals. The fact that they suck each others dicks, and engage in anal sex doesn't bother me. But the fact that they are Obama lovers makes me sick to my stomach. I can't sit through a dinner listening to left wing banter.

PSA has a 10/22 on clearance for $180 right now. Was going to grab that but there's something about the Henry lever action that just has me hooked.

Owning both of these, I understand how the Henry has you hooked.

I agree wholeheartedly.

The standard out-of-the-box 10/22 is a minute-of-tin-can plinker from which you can blast out a small fortune worth of .22LR in short order.

The Henry is a tack driver (with its longer barrel and non-semi-auto action) if you can use the open sights well (or add a scope.)

And the ability to load the tube with mucho (>15) rounds and fire shorts, longs and LRs makes the Henry H001 a winner in my book.

(It's not a semi-auto and the magazine is not removable so the Evil Feature and Round counts are both irrelevant.)

Dick's has some pre-black Friday deals this week.

I might bite.

Remington 770 Scoped Combo - $199.98 after $70 MIR

Ruger 10/22 - $189.98 w/ free magazine

Field & Stream 32 + 6 Gun Fire Safe - $599.98

Field & Stream Sportsman 24-Gun Fire Safe - $399.98

Stack On Sentinel 64 + 4 Gun Fire Safe - $799.98

Remington 700 SPS - $599.98 after $40 MIR

Savage Axis XP - $269.98 after $50 MIR - Includes 3-9x40 scope

Remington 870 Express - $299.98 after $25 MIR

Savage 11VT or 111 Trophy Hunter - $419.98 after $75 MIR

Rio Shotshells - $5.48 (limit 10/customer)

Remington Core-Lokt - $16.98 (after $2 MIR)

All 20 & 50 Pack .223/5.56 - Buy 3 get 1 free, limit 8

CCI Blazer 9mm 350 ct Ammo Can - $89.98

Field & Stream Sportsman 10 Gun Fire Safe - $349.98

Field & Stream Sportsman 16 Gun Fire Safe - $449.98

Stack-On 10 Gun Cabinet - $99.98

Stack-On 14 Gun Cabinet - $149.98

Stack-On 18 Gun Convertible Cabinet - $189.98

Field & Stream Pro 40 + 8 Gun Fire Safe - $899.98

Field & Stream Pro 48 + 8 Gun Fire Safe - $1099.98

Stack-On Portable Security Case w/ Key Lock - $19.99

Stack-On Personal Safe w/ Bonus Portable Case - $79.98

Simmons 8-Point 3-9x40 Scope - $9.98 After $30 MIR

The catch with the pre-Black Friday sales is that you don't walk out of the store with the product that day.  You pay for it, they order it, and you take it home when it comes in.  You can't walk out with the product and Black Friday pricing until Black Friday.  That being said, my father and I walked out of the store with the Field and Stream 24 gun safe yesterday, with Black Friday pricing.  They offered to allow us to take the safe home yesterday if we signed up for the Dick's credit card.  Signing up for the card also gave us 10% off, which brought the safe down to about $360.

I was told at Paramus last year that cabinets aren't tax free. The only reason I know is because my safe (not cabinet) didn't scan as tax fee so I had the guy call the manager, and that's when he mentioned it.

Interested to know where you have seen good reviews of the 770.

Krdshrk, I am by no means an expert in rifles, but I would strongly agree with vfj915 - it basically took me 15 minutes playing with 770 to realize that I'd better save some money and buy 700 or Savage instead. I don't even know how to properly explain this in plain words. It's just rough - the way how bolt moves, the way how it shoots, the finish...

On the other hand, for $200 you seriously have nothing to lose. If you don't like it, I guess you can sell it a month later even with some profit.

11-87 and a safe look nice. Problem with the safe is they're to heavy for me to move. I may go over to east Hanover and walk off some of the turkey.

Yeah I need to get something to move it in and get someone to help me. I can also back it into my garage and unload it out of my truck. I keep my safe in there, it's heated, so I'd just out this one in too.

when I got my 64 cannon wide body @ tractor supply. The employee brought it over with forklift, I backed my pick up w/ a cap and he lowered it and tipped it and slid it into bed. To get it out I backed up towards my front door and hit brakes and it slide out little by little. I did this a few times until it came out enough to tip it down then my father and I used a heavy utility hand truck with built in straps. It was going on first floor so the only hard part was getting over the door thresh hold. I had to use a big pipe and use as leverage and lift under hand truck to get over it. mother f'er was heavy 600lbs. Thing becomes top heavy when rolling it and has to go sideways cause its wider than doorway

I'm going to have to turn mine sideways too. I have 6 stairs to go up into the front door. Can't wait should be fun it's about the same 600 lbs. I have heat in my garage but I leave it off unless I go gut there. That would be way easier than bringing it into the house.

I'm so efficient I had already ate dinner and cleaned up.

My wife is pregnant and due any day, so she didn't want to have real thanksgiving like we normally do. She told me to go out, and I bought my future daughter a 10/22 that hopefully she will learn to use when the time is right.

And after every interaction with a worker tonight, I thanked them for being there and missing time with their family.

Damn. Trip to DSG cost me $950! An 11-87 with wood stock, and while I was waiting to get to the computer to fill out the 4473, I decided I couldn't pass up the 10/22 for $189. Just in case my P22 doesn't like the brick of Golden Bullets I bought.

That and 300 rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm. Lots of doorbusters that I could use!

Happily thanked the staff for their time and wished them the best when they got home to their families.

Dick's in Woodbridge still had a ton of stuff.

This is their BF Doorbuster Ammo Case.

10251897_10154856244795573_4811131948142

I picked up a brick of the Federal .22LR, 2 cases of Remington Gun Club, a Kershaw Zing knife, Barnett Gamecrusher crossbow, and the Stack-on RTA Cabinet...

Had a $10 coupon and did the sign up for the dick's cc and get 10% off... Grand total - $437.49... and I got a coupon for $20 off $100..