Barms

Mower won't prime.

I gotta prime my mower like 100 times to get to to turn over. I got new gas, it's not flooded, I'm not smelling lots of gas on the prime, the plunger is in good shape. It just doesn't "sound" like gas is entering the carb. Instead of hearing "squish" on the prime I'm only hearing "Pish" of air.

After 100 primes and 50 pulls it finally starts. Once it's warm it starts first pull after that.

What would cause a carb to not prime. ?

Is there a hole in the primer bulb? It doesn't have to be very large.

+1 this. Probably a pinhole. You can get a new bulb for a couple of bucks. Youtube to see how to replace. Nothing to it.

Unless a line is clogged. While you are at it, replace these too. Also cheap, nothing to it.

The bulb is new replaced it like two years ago. I like the idea of the gas cap off.

Are there any other "seals" I need to check? Like do all carb gaskets need to be fine for a good vacuum to happen on the prime? Oris the prime just a pure squirt to the carb?

The use of Ethanol in gas can deteriorate the plastic bulb & gas lines

and left over gas can form a shelac type residue inside gas lines

Always good to end the season by adding Stabil fuel additive (I prefer Marine Grade "Blue" myself)

and run the engine out of fuel so no gas remains in the lines to break them down while stored.......