son of sam

Best concealed carry permit

Not sure this is the correct forum.

As a NJ resident its highly unlikely I can get a NJ ccp. However I travel often by car and I would like to get a Utah or other non-res ccp so that I may carry in some states that I frequent. I see FL,VA,UT advertised and I really would like to know the pros and or cons or why choose one over another. I travel mostly up and own the E. Coast but can end up anywhere depending on where the family wants to go.

Not sure this is the correct forum.

As a NJ resident its highly unlikely I can get a NJ ccp. However I travel often by car and I would like to get a Utah or other non-res ccp so that I may carry in some states that I frequent. I see FL,VA,UT advertised and I really would like to know the pros and or cons or why choose one over another. I travel mostly up and own the E. Coast but can end up anywhere depending on where the family wants to go.

Your going to need Florida..... for Florida, they do not accept Non-Resident CCW permits.....   So this would cover tour needs up and down the east coast....

Utah is a good inexpensive back-up

So is Virginia, but is more expensive based on renewals costs and frequency

Texas is on the top of my list for the future.  Currently have FL and VA (which we got one month before Kane nixed it).  The only problem is that it requires a physical trip to Texas to take the training class.  Does TX state law not allow the class to be taught out of state or is it just that there aren't any TX certified trainers here?  Back in the days before having kids, I would have just hopped on a cheap flight down, taken the course, and then come home.  Those days are long gone.

Am I missing something? Did PA take reciprocity out of their legislation with Utah non resident permits???

If they didn't your best bet is to take a FL-UTAH course and get both. That way you will be covered in PA as well.

Pretty sure Utah is now No-go in Pa now....

Yup.  She first nixed FL (rendering mine useless in PA), then VA (while ours were in the mail to our house), then UT (a month before we were going to take the class).  So if you don't want TX nixed, don't let me take the class...LOL

You can still open carry in pa just not in Philadelphia. Any permit will alow you to carry a loaded firearm in your car as you drive in pa outside of Philly. I feel your pain I got my Utah in the mail 4 days before Kane changed it. I been taking my money for my weekend getaways to delaware ever since. If I do need to travel to pa I just open carry now.

You can still open carry in pa just not in Philadelphia. Any permit will alow you to carry a loaded firearm in your car as you drive in pa outside of Philly. I feel your pain I got my Utah in the mail 4 days before Kane changed it. I been taking my money for my weekend getaways to delaware ever since. If I do need to travel to pa I just open carry now.

You should boycott NJ for not letting you carry ccw or open.

If I didn't have 4 year old twins I'd move tomorrow.

Why would that stop you from moving them to a place for a better life? Don't let them become stuck in this state like us.

Texas course can only be given on Texas soil, that's their rules. I'm planning a 3 day trip down to Huston in the spring to visit with my Brother and take the two day course.

Why would that stop you from moving them to a place for a better life? Don't let them become stuck in this state like us.

Tell that to my ex wife :angry: just need to stay local till they get into school then im heading to pa or del so im still close enough for weekly trips to be with them but then also free.

Tell that to my ex wife :angry: just need to stay local till they get into school then im heading to pa or del so im still close enough for weekly trips to be with them but then also free.

Yeah ex wife, your screwed. She would probably keep them here to spite you lol. Tell her you don't want the kids to grow up anywhere but NJ, she will be looking for houses and jobs out of state by the end of the week lol...

Yeah ex wife, your screwed. She would probably keep them here to spite you lol. Tell her you don't want the kids to grow up anywhere but NJ, she will be looking for houses and jobs out of state by the end of the week lol...

Knowing my luck she would move to Maryland/California or NYC lol.

Texas course can only be given on Texas soil, that's their rules. I'm planning a 3 day trip down to Huston in the spring to visit with my Brother and take the two day course.

We should plan a group trip for the ccw course!

Why would that stop you from moving them to a place for a better life? Don't let them become stuck in this state like us.Texas course can only be given on Texas soil, that's their rules. I'm planning a 3 day trip down to Huston in the spring to visit with my Brother and take the two day course.

Let me know when you're headed down...I just got to Houston on Monday.

Also, if you go to http://texasgunforum.com, there's a link for the shop owned by the Admin that charges $49 for the TX CHL course. If you need a gun, you can borrow my .45 Cougar.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Fortunately I'm headed to Texas to visit a friend next month and plan to take advantage of the trip to take the CHL class as well.

I also plan to get fingerprinted while I'm there. Not sure if there is an alternative to doing it there or not, but figured it might just be easier.

Let me know when you're headed down...I just got to Houston on Monday.

Also, if you go to http://texasgunforum.com, there's a link for the shop owned by the Admin that charges $49 for the TX CHL course. If you need a gun, you can borrow my .45 Cougar.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Awesome thanks! Let you know soon as I've got a date set. Got to wait until heating season wind's down. I figure sometime late March early April.

I dont have any plans to hit TX anytime soon so I will look into FL permit. I dont feel I need to carry most of the time, but when traveling you dont always know what your getting into on the next rest stop.

Would be nice to have a international permit or at least something that worked in the Caribbean.

You think it will go anywhere?

Tough for me to guess as the current Mongomery County DA who will decide whether or not to go after Kane isn't running again (http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/20150107_Montco_DA_Ferman_to_run_for_Common_Pleas_Judge.html.  She's a Republican and so is her fisrt assistant who is going to run, so they might try to get into a fight with Kane.

While you are there, take the Texas Trainer's course, and bring back two big sacks of Texas soil :)