SuRrEaLNJ

Made ( modified) myself a gun cabinet

So I saw diamondd817's craftsman cabinet in the marketplace but thought about it for too long and missed it. I had looked at some of the comercial gun cabinets and found that either they were tiny or close in price to a safe (and out of my range at the moment) when I saw his one I was intrigued and the more I thought about it the more I liked it, so I went to my local ace and got a really good deal on a cabinet and built my own. Been a while since I got to do much metal work, so that was an added plus. The half shelf I bent a angle in the end of it for a stiffener, and the decider was notched and reworked to allow it to slide into the chanel of the top shelf. Thought it came out pretty good and wanted to share.

I spent 7 years working at that store and still have an application on file so I can fill in on a per diem basis. The cabinet retails for 299, I paid a percentage over cost. The old crew has been insramental in my being able to complete some of the repairs on this house like that. I basically wound up with the best bang for buck storage solution I can get my hands on.

I'm not thrilled with the magnetic rifle rest I ordered though. Anyone have any recommendations?