Sign in to follow this  
OfcrFek

How to find Red Lion NJSP barracks ORI #?

Is there are list of numbers somewhere showing what ORI # for the online background check belong to what dept? I've been calling the NJSP barracks for 3 weeks, almost daily, and it seems the trooper that runs the firearms permits section is NEVER there... I called this morning around 10am, and was told he wasn't in yet. I called back around 11:15 and finally got ahold of him. He told me to just do the online background check and drop off the application to change address to the barracks. I told him I was pretty sure I needed an agency number or something to fill out the background check form online. He insisted I didn't. So I went online, and it turns out I'm right. I called him back (had literally been 9 minutes) and suddenly he's "stepped out" again. Is there any other way to get this number besides calling daily for another 3 weeks before I can speak to him again?

The ORI # should be listed on the cover page of the forms they give you to fill out. Be prepared for at LEAST a 8-9 month wait.  My fiance waited 9 months for her original FID. Then 8 months for some pistol permits. Now she is on month 4 for another permit. They blame it on Trenton and Christie.

The ORI # should be listed on the cover page of the forms they give you to fill out. Be prepared for at LEAST a 8-9 month wait.  My fiance waited 9 months for her original FID. Then 8 months for some pistol permits. Now she is on month 4 for another permit. They blame it on Trenton and Christie.

I find it hard to believe it's Trenton/Christie. My former township had my permits back to me in 16 calendar days. And it took only 23 calendar days for my initial FID and 2 P2P's. 

I find it hard to believe it's Trenton/Christie. My former township had my permits back to me in 16 calendar days. And it took only 23 calendar days for my initial FID and 2 P2P's. 

I find it hard to believe that also.....its just the excuse that you hear over and over when you call to check on it.