carl_g

Glock 17 - Full auto

That doesn't change the fact that there are no civilian registered g18s and only a manufacturer can make a full auto g17 kit.

I know somebody that has one. Converted Glock G17, not a G18. Transferrable. The price was...astronomical. Supposedly there are two out there.

That being said, if it was your life's goal to have one, it's really not that hard to get your SOT as long as you are willing to work in the gun business. And dealers can get G18s with love letters, which is also not that hard. Not just manufacturers converting 17s.

I know somebody that has one. Converted Glock G17, not a G18. Transferrable. The price was...astronomical. Supposedly there are two out there.

That being said, if it was your life's goal to have one, it's really not that hard to get your SOT as long as you are willing to work in the gun business. And dealers can get G18s with love letters, which is also not that hard. Not just manufacturers converting 17s.

Glock will not sell 18s to SOTs. They will only do them direct to agencies on a Form 5. Any actual G18 in SOT hands is a result of the agency selling it.

• Like 1

Full auto handguns are an interesting bag of bees. On one hand sure why not, on the other hand I feel like anyone who trains enough with one to make it not a hazard to his own side could probably put the same effective number of rounds on target faster with a semi.

I'm all for people owning full auto guns without special paperwork, but I've never personally wanted one, pistol or rifle.

Full auto handguns are an interesting bag of bees. On one hand sure why not, on the other hand I feel like anyone who trains enough with one to make it not a hazard to his own side could probably put the same effective number of rounds on target faster with a semi.

I'm all for people owning full auto guns without special paperwork, but I've never personally wanted one, pistol or rifle.

Completely agree except I would definitely want one just for the fun. Also a 50 cal while I am at it!

My dream gun would be a full auto mk18. But the use case for one for a civilian is essentially a smile maker and money waster. Depending on how you look at it.

To each his own. One could say the same thing about owning a Lamborghini. But, that's what makes this a great country.