JayWilling

Joe Rullo for Gov - Anyone know anything about him?

I started following him on FB and even messaged him a few times. IMHO, he doesn't have the horsepower to make it through. I admire what he is saying and think he is well intentioned BUT his positions are limited and views on fiscal reform are not grounded in any apparent understanding of the deeper complexities of government financing and funding.

In short; he seems nice but we need more than just a nice guy.

I think a better offensive is to characterize Sweeney as a bully high school grad who is not smart enough to guide the state past HIS own failed budget.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/Rullo-for-Governor-2017-267153053320050/

It's not a big deal in his major announcements, but I've seen posts where Rullo is Pro Concealed Carry.

Never heard of him, though.  Is this a guy we can get behind?

He has been fighting along with us for. While . He spoke at rally in Trenton few years ago And is a true 2a fighter

I saw his posts and like him - I did like Lonegan as well if I can recall although its been 6 years now - seemed much more conservative and pro 2A than Christie back when they were vying for the nomination - wish he'd get drafted to run again

If he makes 2A issues a central point in his platform, he will lose like Lonegan did. I'm sure I'm not the only person who remembers the "he's for hidden handguns" ads. A Republican running for governor in NJ needs to get Democrats to vote for him. Not going to happen if you talk about 2A issues.

• Like 1

If he makes 2A issues a central point in his platform, he will lose like Lonegan did. I'm sure I'm not the only person who remembers the "he's for hidden handguns" ads. A Republican running for governor in NJ needs to get Democrats to vote for him. Not going to happen if you talk about 2A issues.

This couldn't be more true.  He better have a real platform to run on or he's toast.  

Don't know much about him. But any candidate that decides to jump in as A Republican, Has to know when to pick his battles.

We just need to back who ever it winds up being. But as said above if someone bases his run on 2A issues the Dems will just eat him up.

Lets do what we can to get A republican in, Then go from there.

We need to start by stopping the concessions before the race even begins - look how we ended up with Christie - no increase to our freedoms whatsoever, are we going to be happy with 8 years more of stagnation and nothing changes just because a Republican is in the high office?  We'd have better luck getting more Republicans in the legislature -

We also need to start flipping the Democrat talking points by the wayside, something the Republicans are unable or unwilling to do (because they could give 2 shits about our rights as most politicians regardless of party) - "Hi I'm Joe Rullo and I'm for common sense family safety for our law abiding gun owners in this state - I'd like us to join the other 44 (or whatever it is) of the 50 United States and support concealed carry for citizens, somewhere New Jersey is falling behind compared to other states - Its the common sense thing to do and if it saves just one more woman from being raped, one more citizen from a mugger in our inner cities, that's worth it" - Just thinking out loud here - 

We need to use their tactics against them, not give up before even trying because "it will never work" - just my .02

• Like 1

We need to start by stopping the concessions before the race even begins - look how we ended up with Christie - no increase to our freedoms whatsoever, are we going to be happy with 8 years more of stagnation and nothing changes just because a Republican is in the high office?  We'd have better luck getting more Republicans in the legislature -

We also need to start flipping the Democrat talking points by the wayside, something the Republicans are unable or unwilling to do (because they could give 2 shits about our rights as most politicians regardless of party) - "Hi I'm Joe Rullo and I'm for common sense family safety for our law abiding gun owners in this state - I'd like us to join the other 44 (or whatever it is) of the 50 United States and support concealed carry for citizens, somewhere New Jersey is falling behind compared to other states - Its the common sense thing to do and if it saves just one more woman from being raped, one more citizen from a mugger in our inner cities, that's worth it" - Just thinking out loud here - 

We need to use their tactics against them, not give up before even trying because "it will never work" - just my .02

I'm not saying to give up without trying. I'm saying get the pro gun guy elected first. He can then work for 2A issues.

I agree with your points about concealed carry and its an effective way to deal with crime. However we aren't going to sway enough Democrats if the guy is very vocal about 2A issues.

Christie won by focusing on taxes and government waste. Those are issues many Democrats understand.

No matter how pro 2A the governor is he not getting anything done without a legislature that's the same way. Everyone was pissed at Christie for not changing justifiable need. He saw to it that a minor change to justifiable need was made and the Democrats are all over it. Looks like that change will be thrown out and we're back to where we were.

A pro 2A governor can make some advances in gun issues. Those advances will be made at the cost of compromise in other areas.

You need to fight with your head and heart not just your heart. You need to understand to many of them liberalism is a like a religion. You'd find it easier to get members of ISIS to convert to Christianity.

We didn't lose gun rights in one big chunk and we're not going to get them back that way.

• Like 3

Joe Rullo is an officier in the Constitutional Carry Coalition - he is a strong supporter of 2nd Amendment Civil Right and Constitutional Carry for New Jersey

Rullo has been active in Ocean County politics for a long time

There is a video of him floating around when he was speaking on the steps of the Trenton State Capitol demanding that the State of New Jersey respect 2nd Amendment Rights and get rid of "justifiable need.

post-8609-0-41954900-1463426789_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello everyone.  Several members reached out for me to join the forum.  Thank you for all the support & suggestions.  I testified in Trenton two weeks ago to fight the Democrats trying to stop the justifiable need amendments.  I believe the state of NJ is not following the constitution it is that simple.  We have second amendment rights, and it is not negotiable.  Instead the state of NJ empowers law breakers who carry guns against the law, and leave the law abiding as sitting ducks.  It is very simple.  No other Republican leader except Assemblymen Carroll spoke at the 2013 NJ2AS rally in 2013.  Even Governor Christie cancelled at the last minute to speak at rally due to political risk from Sandy Hook shootings that week.

I will work with the republican legislature to introduce legislation to give the people back their 2nd amendment rights, and put the democrats on the defense. They won't have time to sponsor bills putting us on the defensive. Taking control of both houses will be my priority not wasting valuable energy running for President. More important, I will focus my energy to change the liberal justices to ensure 2nd amendment rights are the law of the land in NJ. I will veto every 2nd amendment destroying bill they send me!

Most recent Facebook statement:  "As Governor I will have the courage to stop the gang gun violence in the streets of NJ, and bring law & order back to NJ. The shoot outs like in Atlantic City this week, and ongoing in Camden/Newark/Jersey City have to stop. Our politicians are afraid of gangs who will target them & their families if they enforce the laws. I believe the bad guys have the guns who do not follow the law, and the good guys are restricted of their 2nd amendment rights for their Right To Carry in NJ."

Below is platform statement.  

My name is Joseph Rudy Rullo, and I want to be the next governor of New Jersey. I am a Republican from Ocean County, and entrepreneur who has never held elected office. Many know me as one of the hardest working Republicans in the area, and I am the right person to remedy the woes that are plaguing the state of New Jersey.
I haven’t been a rank-and-file, good old boy network Republican, and have actually come out against corruption like with the Toms River superintendent Michael Ritacco scandal. We are number one in property taxes, in people leaving the state. We are number one in cost for road projects and bridges, and we are one of the most corrupt political systems in the country. How can New Jersey fail and keep the broken system for so many years? Fixing these issues for the future of New Jersey is one reason I decided to run for office. I got involved because it really upsets me that a many of my friends and family, business associates and classmates from school are leaving New Jersey because they have lost their quality of life. People can’t afford to live in New Jersey.
I will sign bills to eliminate the estate death tax, inheritance tax, veto gas or any other new tax proposed by the democrats. What also needs to be fixed in this state is the amount needlessly spent on school administrations. The number of superintendents & school business administrators needs to be reduced drastically. Instead of having one superintendent & business administrator per school district, we need to cut the number to one per county. By consolidating superintendents & business administrators, we can save $50 million per year. We can buy books, we can have more teachers, and we can lower property taxes. I would work to also eliminate municipal tax assessors the same. Another important thing to eliminate is high-salary patronage jobs like Port Authority’s David Wildstein as an example. In addition, I will reform pensions, reform the Veterans Affairs healthcare system in the state, eliminate state income taxes on pensions for seniors & all veterans in New Jersey, and support Senator Mike Doherty’s fair school funding formula. I will save the employee pension system 700 million dollars per year by eliminating brokerage firm fees. Instead I will hire an in house licensed broker to make the same transactions for no more than $200,000.00 per year.
I support consolidating the Department of Transportation, Turnpike Authority, NJ Transit, the South Jersey Transportation Authority and the Transportation Trust Fund Authority. We could save over 50 million per year!
I have the issues right. The politicians who are running against me aren’t going to be able to support the issues because either they’re in or because of conflicts like contributors to their campaign. My proposed cuts and reforms for New Jersey will be my first priority to fix our broken system.
Joseph Rudy Rullo

Joe, what we need to know is:

Taylor Ham or "pork roll"?

I like gator, smoked turkey legs, rattle snake, clams, sushi, and deer meat.  I love game food.  All kidding aside.  You hit hit the nail on the head.  The debate of ham or pork is how our legislature smoke screens working with media to run away from NJ failures.  

• Like 2