Sign in to follow this  
Recon Racoon

I'm doing it, it's happening!

Well, then she'll have both NC and NJ income taxes with which to deal. I hope she can recover in NC what she pays to NJ.

That's only for the days worked in the state once you are here more than 14--deductible against your NC tax. 

Well, then she'll have both NC and NJ income taxes with which to deal. I hope she can recover in NC what she pays to NJ.

Her company is all over. (International)...I believe if there is an office in that state, she won't have to. One way or another, it will not stop us from moving. The property tax alone will save us 1000's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Her company is all over. (International)...I believe if there is an office in that state, she won't have to. One way or another, it will not stop us from moving. The property tax alone will save us 1000's.

As long as whatever that new office is can issue her payroll, as opposed to her original office in NJ, then i think you're good.  And if she can cut that deal to keep her NJ level pay as well, even better.

....So I have to wait till it's paid down more. Don't have that cash in pocket. Also, nothing is selling around here. Houses have been empty for years in my neighborhood. It sux.

As you pay down your house more to raise funds, keep in mind you will still have a high carry cost of : property taxes, mortgage interest, insurance, home/yard maintenance, and the big one-home repairs and depreciation of improvements. Can your roof/furnace hold out a few more years? From a selling point, that 5 year old kitchen will now be 7-10 years old. Are there any new housing developments planned, it's hard to compete against the new home. And while the used house market is negative in NJ, many other states are seeing surges. Will you really be able to get to your savings goals?